Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo ST220 4 Door ........ Searching ........

deeebeee

Hello all,

I have owned a Sierra Sapphire since 1995 and have decided to retire it from regular use and plan to garage with the intention of some restoration.  I would love to keep using it but parts are getting scarce and it is also getting tired.....especially the paintwork.

Due to a limited budget I am finding it extremely difficult to know what Ford to replace it with, ideally another saloon.  I have a very tall order but its worth asking the question.  I am trying to source a very good example, low mileage, 4 door saloon (not 5dr) MK3 Mondeo ST220 05/55 to avoid the massive increase in road tax from March 2006, but benefits from the chrome facelift rear lights and foot handles.  The reason for such specific preferences is that I will keep it for many many years.

I appreciate that it will be a tough task however I will persist as its the only car that really floats my boat.  Before being sold to the current garage offering it for sale, I was offered the grey 5dr 24k miles on eBay but it is 5dr and pre facelift so to me lacks a lot of visual appeal, however it goes to prove there are ones out there.

I would be most grateful if anyone hears of a car that closely matches my requirements that could be for sale to let me know.

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Sierra.thumb.jpg.fc1e55f3b598e3753f2e1e6aa34f0a6a.jpg

• Like 1

I'll certainly keep an eye out when I'm on Autotrader and such like.  Incidentally have you setup a specific search on Autotrader as you can have it set to email you any new matches each day, even if you can't be quite as specific with the saved search criteria as you might like, it will at least narrow the pool for you check on a regular basis.

Good luck, they're lovely cars (make a nice noise as well) :biggrin:

Many thanks for replying Damian, much appreciated.

I did find a black one in Christchurch, despite making numerous phone calls to get more information they weren't very forthcoming and have sold it in the meantime. 

6 hours ago, deeebeee said:

Many thanks for replying Damian, much appreciated.

I did find a black one in Christchurch, despite making numerous phone calls to get more information they weren't very forthcoming and have sold it in the meantime. 

No worries mate, I suspect you'll have to be patient and need a little luck.  Although I personally quick give a seller a wide berth if it feels like information isn't forthcoming, you may well have just had a lucky miss with the one that just sold!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club