jynxy

Suspension knock / noise

Hi All,

Im hearing a knocking type noise when driving from front passenger side ( n/s ). Ive had a look myself and cannot see anything obvious.

I have had the car looked at and they say shock absorber is KO'd

When the car is on the floor, if you push the top of the wheel in hard you can her it clunk, when you jack the car up there is no noise/movement. if you drop it down, still nothing, but once it settles and you try again. its back.

before i go through all the hassle, what do you think ?

Thanks

If the garage says the shock's knackered then it probably is. They can do a better job at diagnosing than us keyboard warriors on forums.

They looked a bit confused, so hence asking before buying. rather check twice and buy once 🙂

Do you literally mean pushing on the top of the tyre (inwards) or pushing down on the car (wing) to compress the shock absorber?

They may well be right, but its strange that you push the wheel in you get a clunk,  im thinking it could be drop link or strut top mount, and if it is shock absorbers change both sides.

Just pushing and pulling at the 12 o'clock position on the tyre. you can literally feel it clunk / knock

Problem is money is a bit tight at present, so could really do without spending more than i need to.

In an ideal world i would change the shock's, springs, mounts, droplinks etc. and have done with it. 

I have found this video. the first 5 seconds shows the noise, ignore it when he holds in the middle. but only does this when on the ground not in the air.

ok, had checked by another garage they have confirmed the shock.

Thanks