Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roofbox question

Secondtom

Hello all, I’m new to the forum :) my name’s Tom and I have a Fusion 1.4 petrol.

I have a question about roofboxes and was hoping someone here might be able to help - I’ve been looking at getting a roofbox but while doing some investigation I spotted that the max roof load for my model is specified at 25kg in the owner’s manual.

This seems like I won’t actually be able to carry very much at all once the weight of the bars and box is factored in, and I suppose my question is, how rigid is the max load spec?

My main reason for asking this is because some other models are rated for a 50kg road load, and it seems to be the ones with stability control. I’m fairly certain my Fusion doesn’t have this, but it would seem that the issue to limit the load to 25kg isn’t necessarily the structure of the car but its stability - does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club