Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers side door lock & boot problem

Zanny

Hey everyone!

I got my fusion about 2 years ago, it's a 59 plate 1.4 tdci. Its recently started to come up as a warning on the dash that the driver door is open although it isn't. If i open and close it, it goes away. Although a couple of times, it's done it when I have got out and I didn't realise that it hasn't locked because it thinks the door is open, so it's been unlocked all night. Also my boot has started not unlocking with the key, but the button in the car works. Does anyone know if it could it be part of the same problem, or why it's doing this?  it's starting to get annoying now! I miss my old car that didn't have the luxury of central locking now 🤣

the boot lock works on an actuator when you use the button or key remote but a cable when you physically use the key, do you mean it doesn't unlock with the key remote or with the key in the lock hole next to the numberplate?

It doesn't unlock with the key remote remotely.  It makes a noise like it's doing something, but not popping open.  It opened a couple of times yesterday but then went back to not opening again. I haven't tried using the actual key, I forget you can do that these days 

The drivers door hasn't played up since I messed with the rubber thing where the wires go in the door where the hinges are. Something seemed to click when I pushed it about, unless i broke it more haha!

• 10 months later...

hi mate i have 2004 fusion with same boot lock problem i tried wd40 on the lock not the key lock worked a treat 

• 3 weeks later...

Might be of use to someone with the same problem.  I had the same issue.  I purchased a cheap solenoid (£13 in 2017) on eBay from China.  Dead easy to swap out and works a treat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club