Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wierd noise from pass side front

Skybanger

Hi everyone

Been driving around lately with windows open and noticed that I get a strange noise from the pass front sounds like a tingy noise when go over small imperfections in the road. Speed bumps at slow speed the noise doesn't appear.

I check wheel nuts and suspension nothing visable 

Any ideas

13 minutes ago, Skybanger said:

I get a strange noise from the pass front sounds like a tingy noise when go over small imperfections in the road.

I get a brief hissy, clicking noise on undulations in the road, especially on bends. It is just the Ford ESP system, getting a bit confused or over excited by car movements. In my car I can disable it with a button to test this.

I am not sure if the noise comes from the passenger fuse box, or from the ABS unit the other side of the bulkhead in a similar location. But it has no effect on the car.

11 hours ago, Skybanger said:

Hi everyone

Been driving around lately with windows open and noticed that I get a strange noise from the pass front sounds like a tingy noise when go over small imperfections in the road. Speed bumps at slow speed the noise doesn't appear.

I check wheel nuts and suspension nothing visable 

Any ideas

I'd be amazed if I didn't have the exact same problem. It's light sounding, like rattling a hamster cage door (no idea why that sound came to me!)??

No idea what it is, it's only passenger side, you can only hear it with the window open and it doesn't get better or worse - and only over bumps?

I wondered about the brake caliper/pad metal cage thing but it seems fine.

Anyone?

Really don't think it's ESP related....

Broken spring? My car and my wife's car went in for service & MOT within a week of each other and both had broken front springs. I hadn't noticed any unusual noises, though, and I'm usually the first to pick up on such things. The handling on both was unaffected and I'm assuming it was just the extreme ends of the springs that had fractured.

This appears to be a very common problem these days, due to many more potholes and speed bumps and also to poor quality of manufacture.

Mine has just failed on a broken spring 

I heard a noise only once now and then but car drove fine 

Not a broken spring (on mine anyway, can't speak for @Skybanger ) but still pretty sure we're talking about the same thing here.

It's wayyyyyy lighter sounding that a spring - it sounds closer to a stone being stuck in the tyre (but isn't).  A tinny noise. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club