Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-max 2.0 tdci non start

Boxerc88

Hi sorry if this is another s-max non start issue.

But I need some help please

Engine fitted to my 2007 s-max is the 2.0 tdci

2 weeks ago the car was fitted a new dmf and clutch kit along with a new starter and a Bosch S5 battery and all was brilliant up until two days ago.

Car normally run fine with no lumpy idle or starting issues

Now two days ago I was traveling down the motorway and approx 47 miles south the car started to judder so I pulled into the layby and once stopped the engine was misfiring so I turned the engine off and got out to have a look.

I noticed that there was air in the fuel lines. Anyway I couldn't see anything else other than that so got back in the car and attempted to restart it. Which was a nightmare as it took about 3 long cranks and it eventually fired up. So decided to head home and cancelled my trip.

The car drove for another 46 miles and when I come to a set of traffic lights the car died and hasn't started again since

So done the usual by changing the fuel filter. Which made no difference.

Have also changed the hi pressure pump and frp sensor. Along with the engine fuel lines.

And have also installed a prime bulb inline to aid priming the fuel system.

But car is still a non start.

Codes present on car were and come back after clearing them

P0087

P0191

P0193

Which are all fuel related taken by my fordiag.

The issue seams to be either the ECU isn't allowing the diesel to pass from the pump to the injectors

Even using prime bulb diesel won't pass through pump and can't Syphon from fuel return either. 

And isn't drawing fuel while cranking.

The old pump and new pump are doing the same thing.

I see while cranking I'm getting over 200rpm showing on fordiag and wondered where it's taken from

Eg cam or crank 

Could either cause ECU to shut down not allowing pump to function or faulty ECU

But was so random after no issues at all and didn't even have a lumpy idle. No smoke nothing. Even boost was brilliant for 140bhp.

Any help would be really appreciated and thanks in advance. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club