Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 Throttle DTCs....

Dee_82

Hi Guys, another day another problem, hopefully someone can cast their eye over this and bounce some ideas around...

The two DTCs  below crop up when doing a BCM test on forscan.

Symptoms are flutters on RPM, sometimes if I dip the throttle and release it, it will drop then spike up before returning to idle. 

Slight delay in acceleration from peddle press to action.

===PCM DTC P2127:00-2E===

Code: P2127 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit Low Input

===PCM DTC P060D:00-2F===

Code: P060D - Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance

I monitored the two APP sensors and its mostly the same with some minor variations. disconnected the throttle sensor / switch and cleaned with no effect.

Sooo, firstly, Does anyone have a wiring diagram on PDF? cant seem to find a Mondeo mk 4 one anywhere

Secondly, if someone happens to have a few min spare could you measure the voltage from all 6 pins with ignition on, engine Off?

Not sure of the pin out on the connector but as you look at it with the connector clip on the right

1 - 12.5v

2 - 11.1v

3/4 - ground

5 - 0.14v

6 - 5.1v

ill need to backprobe it whilst connected to be sure the peddle is working correctly but it would be helpful to know if whats going in to the peddle is whats supposed to be going in and there isnt a damaged wire.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

So I replaced the pedal, no effect, it still brings up the same problem

monitoring the APP D and APP E they are more or less in sync, sometimes it can show APP E being 0.3% of a difference but more often than not its the same, that sounds like it should be within the margin of error?

So it comes back to, do we have the correct voltage entering the pedal. 

Just to recap, this doesn't kick off when driving about, it only shows when the BCM is tested.

If anyone has 10 min, it would be helpful to know what their pedal connectors volts are, especially pin 1 and 2. The pedal has two sensors, im thinking pin 1 and 2 supply the 12v reference and 5 and 6 are the separate monitored lines.

Reading about how these things work suggests that when the pedal is pressed one sensor reduces resistance and climbs and the other increases resistance and drops, the PCM then does some jiggery pokery to determine if the pedal is misbehaving. 

So that being the case, pin 2 and maybe pin 5 looks a little wonky,

unless anyone has any other ideas, im going to double check there is no volts on the grounds, ill check resistance with a ground point for good measure.

Then if I can find a wiring diagram, check each of the wires and check for resistance to wherever they terminate (I think its the PCM) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club