Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo key fobs not working

Millerman

Morning!

I've got a 2013 mondeo estate business edition and this morning when I came to unlock it, I found the remote key fob didnt work. I tried the spare and that was dead too. Had to manually unlock the doors which is a pain in the backside but everything else seems ok. Thought maybe the battery was dead, but strange if it went in the spare at exactly the same time. Only other thing I can think of is that it has gone quite a bit colder last night - but of ice on the windscreen, which might have affected something. Has anyone else experienced this or got any ideas how to fix without taking it to a garage?

Many thanks in advance 

Edit: have tried a known working battery and still nothing so its not that!

Hey, I know that lithium and button cell battery's are quite sensitive to cold weather, my iPhone can crap out with half a battery when it's too cold. Try heating/warming the keyfob up if they are cold. 

Also I think if you read the owners manual it should tell you the keyfob programming procedure just incase its that but I'd doubt it with it being two of them unless the battery went down to 0v for long enough. 

The one thing they both have in common is the battery's so my money's on that not the programming but try both. 

Rossco