Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Design Flaw...?

Flic

Hello all! Whist cleaning Fabio today - for the first time this year, eek! - I noticed rather alot of mud/debris caught on the little ledge behind the rear wheels, on the bumper. I had about an inch of damp soil and stones caught in there which I had to remove. I'm wondering if this will cause rotting or rust issues down the line? The bumper is plastic though, no? Will Mud flaps sort this? I heard that they trap moisture also and can cause rotting, but surely a small garden lying there all the time is worse??

Thanks chaps. Hope you're all having a swell weekend :)

Just been out to have a look at my Fiesta and it also has a 'small garden' lying in the bumper. Personally, regular cleaning should keep it in good condition and its not much to worry about. I will check after one year to see if any damage has occured.

Thanks

All cars have mud traps - just clean Fabio more often Flic. :lol:

I would if it didn't decide to rain every weekend :(

All cars have mud traps - just clean Fabio more often Flic. :lol:

Ditto! :P

I hate the recycled carpet lining in the rear wheelarches too - the amount of dirt they collect when the roads are wet is incredible! I must blast out a few kilos of of grit and dirt every time i wash my Fiesta :(

I agree that all of the gaps between where the bodykit meets the other panels seem to collect copius amounts of crap, and it's all really difficult to get out!

Worst offenders...

annotated.jpg

The diagram helped me vent my frustrations.

PMSL @ Andrew's diagram! :lol:

TBH i don't find any problem with dirt around the bodykit, but i do get a load of dirt on the nearside rear arches and bumper. Most odd!

flic are you going next sunday or are you watching the football aswell..

I don't do football! I am hopefully going, yes.

well if u are let me no for defo as i am hopeing to meet mark from m/k on route to travel up together if u fancy it..

Isn't that fence hurting by now Flic? ;)

Nope :)

And I'll let you know re: the convoy Mr S-Spec. Thanks!

I agree that all of the gaps between where the bodykit meets the other panels seem to collect copius amounts of crap, and it's all really difficult to get out!

Worst offenders...

annotated.jpg

The diagram helped me vent my frustrations.

These Ford 'Tattoos' for the side of the car aren't up to much! ;)

Hey Flic!

When I washed my Fiesta earlier I checked the spots you mentioned, and they were clean! And you know the state of my car. <_< Hmm..