Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 2005 titanium ariel replacement

redzzed

My  ariel has snapped from the base  and i have got a replacement, including the base unit . To fit this i must remove the interior light panel by the rear view  mirror.

my int. light panel has 2 remote  sensors as well as  3  light switches and  is now loosened and dropped  by about 1/4 "  but isnt coming off  and is just  kind of rocking there ,held  by some invisible connection .

i am a bit ham fisted , which is why im asking in here , i dont  want to snap anything or mess up the lights  or  remote.

have looked at about  5 youtubes on this  but none of them have  remote sensors  on them .

any advice  pls ??

IMG_6051.JPG

thx  for the replies ,busy  today but   tried it for  5 mins  whilst waiting for  some friends  ,its still not off  , but it IS  further off than before .

tomorrow

17 hours ago, redzzed said:

thx  for the replies ,busy  today but   tried it for  5 mins  whilst waiting for  some friends  ,its still not off  , but it IS  further off than before .

tomorrow

I've had the exact same unit out of mine a few times and in my car at least it's a tight fit, it might be worthwhile trying to find a pic online of the rear of the unit so you can see exactly where the locking tabs are and where you need to poke with a flathead screwdriver to get it to release properly.

20 hours ago, redzzed said:

tomorrow

once you have popped off the wrong side its a total nightmare...  be careful they break… it wont go back and it won't come out

had you known to pop the front, you'll find it will almost fall off without tools.  I hope you don't break it... the extra alarm sensor makes it fail to come out properly (even when you have popped the front side...)  wriggle it about and it will come out

• 2 weeks later...