Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lotus-Ford

TimST2

With any luck, the Caterham will go into build next week. In the meantime I've been thinking about what I'm going to treat it with when it arrives. The supplying dealer is going to get XPEL professionally fitted, but that's just the nosecone, sides and rear wings etc. I think I've settled on Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard for the seats and tunnel (I already use this on the leather parts of the drivers seat in the ST), and C2 Liquid Crystal on the rest of the bodywork.

https://www.xpel.com/

https://gtechniq.com/products/auto/l1-leather-guard-ab

https://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c2-liquid-crystal

I know Gtechniq do some more expensive ceramic coatings, but these need to be carefully applied and can't be removed easily, so I'm going to stick with a simple sealant. Should give up to 6 months protection too.

They do, but putting paint protection on the paint protection might be getting a bit 'meta' :wacko:

C2 should provide decent UV protection anyway.

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

They do, but putting paint protection on the paint protection might be getting a bit 'meta' :wacko:

C2 should provide decent UV protection anyway.

I'd message them about C2. It looks similar to the carpro reload I used on my car. I noticed with this spray is that the hydrophobisity didn't seem to be much when I put it on the plastic headlights compared to the paint. Just wondering if it bonds the same way to PPF as to paint. 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:22 PM, zain611 said:
I'd message them about C2.

I did - it's fine on PPF and carbon fibre.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 10/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, TimST2 said:

I did - it's fine on PPF and carbon fibre.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd say go for it then. Id mainly use a ceramic coating as it's more durable and hydrophobic. Make sure the PPF is applied by a professional. My uncles GTR was ppf'd but I can see water spots on the bonnet which most likely is underneath the film. 

DSC_0019.JPG

• 1 month later...

All the Gtechiq goodies arrived this week, and the garage is finished. Just need the car now. Looking ahead to next year, it looks like there's a track day in September at Castle Combe (on my birthday!), so that'll probably be the first time I take the Caterham on track. In the meantime I'm planning some days out with Mrs. TimST2 to run it in, as well as the Club Lotus day at Castle Combe in May, and a few Haynes Breakfast Club meets.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club