Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MK III 2002 2.0 Petrol .high fuel consumption

Madzia

Hi,

My Mondeo abnormally consumes so much % petrole .The mechanic confirmed that all is fine with the intake system and with the oxygen sensor and other elements (Fuel,Oil,air filters changed .Oil,Lubrications ...) .I was told that the ECU needs a REMAP .But I need some information about the whole process,chip,software,connections and program ..

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Madzia said:

Hi,

My Mondeo abnormally consumes so much % petrole .The mechanic confirmed that all is fine with the intake system and with the oxygen sensor and other elements (Fuel,Oil,air filters changed .Oil,Lubrications ...) .I was told that the ECU needs a REMAP .But I need some information about the whole process,chip,software,connections and program ..

Thanks 

What kind of MPG do you get (calculated brim to brim, not using the figure the trip computer displays) and what type of journeys do you make?

• Like 1

If you are getting 34 mpg - genuine not computer read out - you re getting what I have over 70,000 miles. 

Obviously, if you do town work only and have heavy right foot the mpg will be probably  in middle 20's. 

Depends how many miles you have covered. Remap would be covered when I take the car for annual service to Ford dealer ( which I do actually even though 13 years old)

You bloke may be guessing now  as there are variables here. I get what the Ford book says as those days they didn't lie as they do now!

• Like 1