Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fiesta car seat cover recommendations

sailor-caz

Hi

I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 which I bought 8 months ago and I've just noticed a few stains on the edge of the seats which I imagine are raindrops. I want to get some car seat covers but want to make sure I get ones that fit properly. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks

Caroline

If the covers are just to hide the stains have you tried having the inside of the car professionally cleaned?  I had both of ours done earlier this year and they looked like new afterwards.

I definitely don't need to get them all cleaned as it's literally just a few small drops on the edge of the drivers seat but I just want to prevent them getting more stains.

caroline

You could try Autoglym Interior Shampoo: https://www.autoglym.com/catalog/product/view/id/45/s/interior-shampoo/

Less than £8 and it should get rid of water stains with minimal effort.

You could also, if you really think it's necessary, protect the seats against further stains using something like GTechniq I1 Smart Fabric: https://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/i1-smart-fabric

Thanks Tim, I have Autoglym shampoo so I'll try that - only thing is I wondered whether I would then have to clean the whole seat 🤔 I'll check out that other product you recommend too.

Happy Christmas!

• Like 1

I used Autoglym on my previous Fiesta which had fabric seats and they still looked like new when I sold it at 6 years old. I didn't bother protecting them though.

Even in the ST (which has half-leather Recaro sports seats) I only use Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard on the bolsters on the driver's side, and that's to minimise wear, not to keep them clean...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With the side air bags in car seats now, I'm not sure how safe it is to use seat covers on the fronts?  I don't personally like the look of saggy covers either lol, but I do know how hard it can be to keep cloth seats clean!!

• Like 1

It depends on how you take care of the seats for example when you get in the car you don't fall on the bolster or you don't wear anything which has sharp bits poking out that can damage the seats. My seats are 12 years old and they are in good condition. Every few months I clean the leather bits, condition and seal them. Several days ago I also cleaned the cloth bits which didn't really look to take off any dirt. I used chemical guys lightning fast stain extractor. 

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0672.JPG

• Like 2

@zain611 - those seats look a lot nicer than the ones in my 2018 ST-Line X. Good job!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

@zain611 - those seats look a lot nicer than the ones in my 2018 ST-Line X. Good job!

Thank you 👍. If you have cloth seats I recommend you try that chemical guys product. My dad was selling a car where the passenger seat had a large stain on it. Diluted the cleaner and agitated it in with a toothbrush and the next day after it was dry the stain was gone so it shows it works. I'm thinking of trying out gtechniq smart fabric. Says creates a hydrophobic layer on the cloth so water beads on the surface rather than soaking in. 

If you have leather then I try colourlock. I use their cleaner, conditioner and sealant. The sealant says protects from friction damage and jean dye transfer. 

DSC_0080.JPG

Good point TomsFocus! I hadn't thought of that

Your car looks immaculate Zain611! You must valet it every week? I'm definitely not a Ford enthusiast as the inside of my car has not been cleaned for 8 months 😱. I'm using my Tennis Elbow as an excuse, ***** painful!

7 hours ago, sailor-caz said:
Your car looks immaculate Zain611! You must valet it every week? I'm definitely not a Ford enthusiast as the inside of my car has not been cleaned for 8 months [emoji33].

Keeping the interior clean is a fairly quick and easy job if you keep on top of it. As you say though, it does need to be done regularly. On a daily driver I reckon that's every fortnight. I'm super-OCD about my cars though, and having a spotless interior is about the only thing that keeps me sane over Winter 😂

From what @zain611 said I don't think he even does it that often, but at 12 years old it still looks like new after a clean :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The trouble with cloth is it soaks up dirt immediately.  I often work in the garden or on cars away from home and have no choice but to get in the car dirty...not an issue with leather seats, can just wipe them over once a month, different story with cloth! :sad:  Even just opening the door and the rain dribbling in off the roof marks the cloth. 😥

• Like 1

Lol last time I cleaned my car was back in September. Looks like the wax is still holding up. I'm off for 3 weeks after next week so that will give me time to clean, wax and seal the car. The leather cleaner says clean every 3 months and conditioner every 6 months so I'd try to keep on that routine. 

This is the gtechniq smart fabric. Might get this to coat the carpets and cloth parts of the seats

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The trouble with cloth is it soaks up dirt immediately.  I often work in the garden or on cars away from home and have no choice but to get in the car dirty...not an issue with leather seats, can just wipe them over once a month, different story with cloth! :sad:  Even just opening the door and the rain dribbling in off the roof marks the cloth. 😥

I once stepped on a chewing gum without knowing and it got stuck on the mat. Managed to take it out but because it breaks into little pieces I could see those fragments. Now thankfully can't see anything. Never thought I'd start caring about litter since owning a car. On my previous car I scraped the wheel on a beer can which was right next to the kurb. Never thought litter could damage a car 🤣

2 hours ago, zain611 said:
I once stepped on a chewing gum without knowing and it got stuck on the mat.

Just after I bought my Focus Zetec, the first time I took my wife (then girlfriend) out in it she trod in some dog ***** and got it on the carpet (the car was so new I hadn't had a chance to buy mats yet) :mellow:

Still married her though :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club