Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering pipes

F0CUE

Hi got an advisory "power steering pipes showing signs of corrosion" are they easy to replace? I have searched them and they seem to be expensive 😥

if it was mine, rather than replacing them, I would be looking at cleaning them up and treating them / painting them with maybe three coats of hammerite or something else suitable. If they were too far gone it would fail the MOT.  So prevent them from deteriorating further.

• Like 1

Mk2 focus ?  they added a strengthening bit that makes the high pressure union at the pump end impossible to get at to remove the old pipes, u need both pipes they come as a set, haggle for a discount at 80 to 100 and the push fit union for 20 !! (which is criminal and should be part of the set) and use green PAS fluid

if its on the originals (and not got the metal strengthening bit by the pump - left side of the picture lower pipe), buy a new modified set, they will go pop and trash the pump as it runs dry, (the whole set up is just wrong - as the engine wobbles the 6 inch flex bit doesn't allow for any movement and the steel fractures instead) and use a jubilee clip on the reservoir pipes as the LP side (where the red blanking plug is in the picture) leaks all the new fluid out and runs dry …. all in all, its the sort of engineering we expected from BL in 1971

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1

Yeh think I'll do that @isetta the thought did cross my mind just need to locate them lol @Botus thanks will do if I find they are bad enough cheers 😁

Has anyone got a diagram of the location of these I know it's in the chassis it's just so I know exactly what to sort out?

it runs from drivers side (by the alternator) drops down alongside the crank pully runs on the chassis behind the engine

type in google everyone has had to put the later bits on... ford dealers even have them on the shelf !!!

50 minutes ago, Botus said:

it runs from drivers side (by the alternator) drops down alongside the crank pully runs on the chassis behind the engine

type in google everyone has had to put the later bits on... ford dealers even have them on the shelf !!!

Cheers will have a gander.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club