Do Not Sell My Personal Information

p1922 FACM fault

gaz_moose
聽Share

Hi guys new member here so be gentle聽馃槀

car in question is a 2008 1.6 110hp tdci

I had the usual instrument cluster failure causing it to flag up loads of weird fault codes. i eventually got round to fixing it and clearing the codes. It then threw up codes P1922 and聽P2585聽 so i poured just under a liter of fluid into the EOLYs tank (till it was full) then reset the counters and primed the pump聽using Forscan.

It still continued to show the P1922 and P2585 faults despite showing that the tank was full on Forscan. I bit the bullet and bought a secondhand FACM and plugged it in but it still shows the same fault codes. ive reset the counters on the new FACM and double checked it using ELMCONFIG.

what would be my next action to try to cure the issue? it knows the tank is full but shows p1922 which indicates that the tank is empty.

is all the wiring ok? could it be a sensor in the additive pump? could this have a adverse affect on the dpf?

I cant see it doing the DPF any favours. I have poured a small amount of the EOLYS fluid directly into the diesel tank as that's basically what the system does.

im thinking that it may be the 'low level' sensor in the additive tank. from what I can gather, it changes its resistance (or something along those lines) when it is submerged in EOLYS fluid, when the level drops and its out of the fluid the values change thus allowing the FACM to establish the fluid is low.

what would be awesome is for someone to know what the resistance of a healthy level sensor so I have a benchmark to work from. I would be happy to just 'trick' the FACM into thinking the sensor isn't knackered and just topping the EOLYS tank up every year or so, as it is pretty easy to do.

• 2 months later...

Hi I鈥檝e been reading every post there is about this dtc p1922 and theres no way I can delete it.My eolys tank is full it shows full in elmconfig yet the dtc is still there did you manage to find a solution yet ??

• 4 years later...
On 1/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, gaz_moose said:

Hi guys new member here so be gentle聽馃槀

car in question is a 2008 1.6 110hp tdci

I had the usual instrument cluster failure causing it to flag up loads of weird fault codes. i eventually got round to fixing it and clearing the codes. It then threw up codes P1922 and聽P2585聽 so i poured just under a liter of fluid into the EOLYs tank (till it was full) then reset the counters and primed the pump聽using Forscan.

It still continued to show the P1922 and P2585 faults despite showing that the tank was full on Forscan. I bit the bullet and bought a secondhand FACM and plugged it in but it still shows the same fault codes. ive reset the counters on the new FACM and double checked it using ELMCONFIG.

what would be my next action to try to cure the issue? it knows the tank is full but shows p1922 which indicates that the tank is empty.

did you ever find a solution?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club