Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Reverse Camera 2016 Zetec S

Jarhead

Hi, 

I'm looking at a reverse camera for the Zetec S that fits either as part of the number plate or just above it under the handle 'lip. Can any one recommend one that gives good results? And a type of mirror to couple this with please?

Options preferably would be a mirror that has auto-dimming, perhaps with built in camera (do these 'angle' so you can point at the right side of the road?), 1080p for both, GPS, wifi built in. 

Any pointers would be appreciated. 

Many thanks

I’m currently waiting for a wiring harness to be delivered so that I can wire a camera directly to my Sync3 screen, I’m hoping this will work as an OEM camera would, there is no reason why it wouldn’t. I’ll keep you posted once I give it a try. 

I have the camera sorted, an eBay £12.99 job and I have activated the camera service using Forscan. Now when I select reverse the screen goes blue and says the camera is unavailable so as long as the new harness works there is no reason that the picture shouldn’t come through 😁

waited a fortnight for the harness so far, it’s due here on 15th. I hope it’s here on time, I’m desperate to see if it works.

check under cover in your boot(right side) if you have grey connector .

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’m currently waiting for a wiring harness to be delivered so that I can wire a camera directly to my Sync3 screen, I’m hoping this will work as an OEM camera would, there is no reason why it wouldn’t. I’ll keep you posted once I give it a try. 

I have the camera sorted, an eBay £12.99 job and I have activated the camera service using Forscan. Now when I select reverse the screen goes blue and says the camera is unavailable so as long as the new harness works there is no reason that the picture shouldn’t come through 😁

waited a fortnight for the harness so far, it’s due here on 15th. I hope it’s here on time, I’m desperate to see if it works.

Any aftermarket NTSC rear view camera will work without any problems. However the active parking lines will only work with the original rear view camera.On the MK3.5 the active parking lines are controlled by the BCM. The original rear view camera communicates with the BCM. The BCM communicates with the FCDIM (display) and controls the active parking lines overlay onto the rear view camera image.

Not a major problem because most aftermarket rear have their own (fixed) parking lines anyway.

Thanks @JW1982 it’s an NTSC camera that I have so I’m sure it will work.

unfortunately I don’t have the plug in the boot so I am having to do it the long way.

i knew the BCM draws the lines for the active parking guide and that’s it won’t work on an aftermarket camera, which is fine as I’m only wanting a picture to see the low level surroundings.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club