Martijn89

MK8 blower stopped working

Hi all,

Unfortunately I had a new issue with the MK8 today. For some reason the blower totally stopped working, everything was controllable but no air coming in. Fuses were fine, the climate control system operated correctly, but no blower working. Brought it in at Ford, they rebooted the whole climate control system and then the blower was working again. Anyone else had this issue with the MK8? It was new for the Ford dealership. Let's hope that it was a one time failure... Maybe this information helps someone if it happens to you.

I haven’t had this issue before but I sometimes notice a noticeable delay between me increasing the fan speed using the controls and the fan speed actually increasing, I wonder if whatever it is that controls this had a “bad day” on yours and just stopped controlling the fan speed

Oh that's interesting, I have to try that. It seems to work now though, which I'm happy with. I don't really like the idea of rebooting a computer and "it works again", the root cause is still there. Ford says this Fiesta is one of the newer cars that doesn't use a resistor for controlling the blower but electronics (probably frequency controlled?), and this was quite new to them as an issue. 

Yes, the reboot and "it works again" is the traditional short term fix but at the same time, if it's working fine now, fingers crossed it will stay that way for now.