Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Door Panel Removal

DG97

Hello, can anybody advise on how to remove the passenger door panel from a 3 door MK8 please? Thank you!

Good luck. The inner trim panel is easy enough to remove but the window switch pack is a nightmare to remove.

So there's hidden screw behind the inner door handle trim, hidden screw behind the red reflector. 2 screws at bottom of panel. Then you need remove the switch pack as there are 3 screws behind it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Good luck. The inner trim panel is easy enough to remove but the window switch pack is a nightmare to remove.

So there's hidden screw behind the inner door handle trim, hidden screw behind the red reflector. 2 screws at bottom of panel. Then you need remove the switch pack as there are 3 screws behind it

Yes, I heard I will need it! Had the panels removed before but I had someone help me out so the process of removing never fully stuck. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Gotta take the panel off as there's a really irritating buzz/vibration coming from the plastic surrounds near the speaker so need to see if I can do anything to make it go away. 

I've got a similar buzz from there - let us know how you get on. Is it possible to just loosen/pry near the bottom and stuff some material in?

21 hours ago, Jonson said:

I've got a similar buzz from there - let us know how you get on. Is it possible to just loosen/pry near the bottom and stuff some material in?

Will do but in all honesty, it’ll probably be a few weeks until i give it a shot as I’m a bit short on time at the moment. 

I’ve actually fitted sound proofing to the inside of the door panels as there was noticeable vibration and buzzing when playing the radio a bit louder than usual which cured most of the symptoms but the buzz I mention has came back so I need to figure out how to get rid of it. 

Without taking the panels off, it’s only really possible to loosen the bottom sufficiently to be able to place something in between the bottom edge of the door panel and the metal of the actual door. I don’t think it’d be sufficient to stuff something inside the panel itself. This is actually what I have done with some thin felts but this time round, the buzz is coming a bit deeper from behind of the door panel so sadly for me, the removal is necessary

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bump.

Does anyone have a video of this, I've never done this before and looking to do so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club