Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - disable internal alarm

Leekaz

My elderly dad has a new 18 plate fiesta and has been trying without any success to turn off the internal alarm sensor. It’s so that he can leave his dog in the car but lock it whilst he nips into a shop. Any ideas?

Karen 

If you scroll to the settings option on the instrument display, there is an option for the alarm. Either full guard or reduced guard (guessing it's reduced he'd after)

Theres also a 'Always ask on exit' option which would be ideal for dog free days.

• Like 3

Yes. When you press the engine stop button to get out of the car, you can select full or reduced alarm using the steering wheel button I believe. It does ask you on the drive display which you wish to choose. Full guard is the default if you just leave it. Well it is on the St line X.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi i have a 2016 Ford Fiesta. My battry is about 2 months old. For 2 nights now the car alarm have been going of during the night. After every hour or so and this happens from 2 o clock at night. Nothing happens during the day but stil gows of at night. I had a chat with a mechanic and he told me it could be the sensor on the passenger side. Has anyone experienced this? And does anyone have an idea how much the sonsor cost? The mechanic could not give me a price. 

I think all Ford cars now give the option when you turn off the ignition to get full or reduced guard for the alarm. You select what you want on the steering wheel buttons. This was a Volvo feature that Ford inherited. Full guard is normal, optional reduced guard removes function from the internal sensors so a pet / person can remain in a locked car. 

As for the alarm triggering at night, this might be a spider or moth in the car. I’ve had it happen in my old Edge. Always at a ridiculous hour !  After the second activation in a night, I put the reduced guard on and in the morning found the culprit. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I've a 68 st line x and I've tried the steering wheel and centre display screen and can't find the menu for the alarm settings. Under vehicle menu think it only gave me camera options. The steering wheel menu seemed to only be for trip computer settings.

1 hour ago, n101 said:

I've a 68 st line x and I've tried the steering wheel and centre display screen and can't find the menu for the alarm settings. Under vehicle menu think it only gave me camera options. The steering wheel menu seemed to only be for trip computer settings.

It might depend on the spec. My other half has a 70 plate Fiesta ST with Sync3.  When she turns off the ignition, just like in my 70 plate Kuga and previously on my 66 plate Edge, it comes up with the option for full guard (default) or reduced guard which you select with the right hand up down buttons on the steering wheel.  This setting can be altered in the vehicle settings too. Go to vehicle settings/alarm system/, where you can select full or reduced guard, or select ‘ask on exit’, to give the option each time you switch off.

0EBED32B-9CC3-469D-9D9B-8D7835A17DAA.jpeg

Thanks for the help, found it, the steering wheel menu has sub menus!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club