Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 1.4 TDCI losing coolant

BP2411

Hello everyone, when I was doing a service a few days ago I noticed my coolant level was below the MIN mark, luckily I had a 1L bottle of ready to use coolant so I put that in which took me to MAX, just checked the coolant and it's just below MIN.  I can't see any obvious leaks and I haven't noticed any puddles under the car.  Is there any go to areas to check?  I know it's usually a sign of the head gasket going but wouldn't it be totally empty if that was the case?  I'm sure I read something about the reservoir cap being a problem on these.

Give me some good news people

when I had 1.6tdci fiesta it would leak coolant slowly from the thermostat cover. the cover was plastic and probably deformed slightly. for a long time I could not tell where it leaked. I put some Radweld in it which stopped it for a while and then it leaked again, but that helped me find it. The Radweld left a red stain down the engine so i could see where it leaked, still hard to find though. I found it laying under the car and looking up and saw the red stain which lead to thermostat cover. Don't know if the parts are exactly same on 1.4tdci

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, isetta said:

when I had 1.6tdci fiesta it would leak coolant slowly from the thermostat cover. the cover was plastic and probably deformed slightly. for a long time I could not tell where it leaked. I put some Radweld in it which stopped it for a while and then it leaked again, but that helped me find it. The Radweld left a red stain down the engine so i could see where it leaked, still hard to find though. I found it laying under the car and looking up and saw the red stain which lead to thermostat cover. Don't know if the parts are exactly same on 1.4tdci

Yep, 1.4 basically the same. Quite common for the thermostat housing to leak slowly. 

• 2 years later...

Mines a 1.2 and I checked the coolant yesterday and it was very low , so I stopped it up to the max and now this afternoon its below the min.  No obvious leaks

Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club