Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Focus 1.6 ecoboost driveshaft help!

MikeAK

Hi,

The drivers side driveshaft on my 2011 Focus ecoboost 6 speed requires replacement.

I have now had three different brand driveshafts from three different motorfactors and all are identical and incorrect.

No one seems to have one that is the same as the one fitted. See picture.

All driveshafts were obtained by motorfactors looking up registration and all crosreference to ford part numbers 1712273 and BV61-3B436-CB

Can anyone (maybe a ford person on here) help with identifying the correct part number for my driveshaft?  

From ETIS

Build Date:          12.06.2011

Engine: 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi (150PS) 

Version:               Series 40

Transmission:    6 Speed Manual Trans - B6

Axle Ratio:           3.82

Driveshaft.jpg

That does seem to be the right part number.

You could also try 1809718 which is the same part but refurbished rather than new in the Ford system.

I am wondering if there was a revision . the overall length of the 2 look about the same, perhaps it is a revised part that can be fitted if the middle bearing support is moved?  I have no idea if the bearing support can be moved or if there is a revised bearing support also. I am just guessing. I can't remember what the bearing support might even look like.

Interesting suggestion isetta. Had a quick look on my way out to work this morning.

It looks like there is another set of mounting holes on the engine block for the bearing support about the right distance nearer to the gearbox.

However it look like the turbo oil return pipe would be in the way. I'll have aproper look when I get home tonight.

• 10 months later...

Hi did you ever get this sorted we are having the same problem thanks in advance 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a solution to this? Having the same problem. 1,6 Turbo ecoboost. Had a few driveshafts delivered from local motor factors and as above all with the shorter shaft to support bearing. Bearing support cant be moved due to oil Return pipe in the way. Getting desperate now.

Thanks 👍

• 1 year later...

Hi. I’ve just had the same problem on my 61reg Focus Estate 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium X. My local garage tried every motor factor they knew to get the driver’s side shaft, but the shaft supplied was too short. In the end, the only way to get the correct shaft was from Ford at a cost of £600 with a 10 day delivery time. Nightmare. I’m guessing it’s unique to this particular model and year, although each motor factor was adamant that they were supplying the correct shaft listed.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:30 PM, aircon66 said:

Hi. I’ve just had the same problem on my 61reg Focus Estate 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium X. My local garage tried every motor factor they knew to get the driver’s side shaft, but the shaft supplied was too short. In the end, the only way to get the correct shaft was from Ford at a cost of £600 with a 10 day delivery time. Nightmare. I’m guessing it’s unique to this particular model and year, although each motor factor was adamant that they were supplying the correct shaft listed.

Just weeks after my previous post (above) and the passenger side driveshaft has now failed, losing drive and requiring a tow! Repair is the same scenario as before. Motor factors cannot supply the shaft, so it's a dealer part again, at around £500 with two weeks delivery from Germany. Really not happy.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone get an answer to this driveshaft issue apart from a genuine ford one.

I am asking as im having the same problem on a 2013 1.6 ecoboost.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club