Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help needed :(

Jakehands

Right bought a stolen recovered galaxy 04 ghia 1.9tddi 130ps ignition barrel was smashed out, ive had it running but the barrel gave up in the end, need some help/advice on how to remove the old barrel, found all info on steering wheel stalk removal and have done all that, also what size shear bolts i would need to refit the replacement. All help appriciated thanks will add a link for pics

• Like 1

I think you need to go to a main dealer for the shear bolts 👍

• Like 1

Ive found them online 🙂 £4 for the 2 depending on size which is where im stuck

• Like 2

I've got them out with a small chisel and hammer you just cut a slot in the top of them then just keep

knocking them around and they should start to come out  then you will be able to find the size 🙂

• Like 1

Okay brilliant just want to get this up and running properly, going from a old faithfull 1.8 mk1 petrol focus with 160500 on the clock to this is a hige change 😄

• Like 1

One more question do i use the old immobiliser ring with my key fob? 

37 minutes ago, Jakehands said:

One more question do i use the old immobiliser ring with my key fob? 

yes but you will have a different key that's cut to the new lock so the old key should have a chip in it which

you will have to put in the new key also this key will not fit the door locks 

Okay brilliant door lock is damaged anyway so trying to get the door lock from the same person, is the chip located on the key end on inside the fob itself?

1 minute ago, Jakehands said:

Okay brilliant door lock is damaged anyway so trying to get the door lock from the same person, is the chip located on the key end on inside the fob itself?

Just found the chip, can this be removed from the key and transfeered to the new one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakehands said:

Just found the chip, can this be removed from the key and transfeered to the new one?

is it the chip a glass bulb type if not take a picture and post it here 

• Like 1

This is what i beleive is the chip.

1553090830610647788819.jpg

yes that a Carbone chip be careful how you get it out and it should fit in to the new key

brilliant ill have ago and update once the barrel arrives hopefully all will be smooth, have to sort the wiring in the door aswell as some idiot cut it then wound it together whoch explains why my windows and central locking dont work

15 minutes ago, Jakehands said:

brilliant ill have ago and update once the barrel arrives hopefully all will be smooth, have to sort the wiring in the door aswell as some idiot cut it then wound it together whoch explains why my windows and central locking dont work

keep us posted 🙂

Right ignition barrel done, replaced fuses in fuse box as alot were missing, car now wont start -.- even if i use the smashed barrel it wont start, sorted door wiring out but just stuck on this now, are all the fuses meant to be in or some missing mk2 04 galaxy 130ps

Had relay 109 out looks fine tryed a replacement still no joy, have fuel just no starter, was fine before the 2 days it sat

But also hazards go off intermitently and fan control flashes

I have it down to a dodgy started (tried feeding it live) had no power up, not even a click, would this explain door light flashing? Only vag com fault is brakes need checking

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club