Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicators stuck on

Don Mo

Hello 

i have an issue with my fiesta mk7 2011 plate I have just picked it up and the indicators on the left side do not switch off they do not blink just a steady burn of amber I have replaced both the front and rear bulbs and have removed the indicator stalk plus changed the fuse but still the same.

Would any body have a wiring diagram for the indicators I will be looking at the connector at the front but any help would be appreciated.

sorry for the long essay 

Sounds like a shot relay to me.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for the reply I have had a look in the handbook and online and have not found where the relay is I have tried to listen out for the clicking of the relay but it seems to be coming from the instrument cluster 

You won't find a relay because there isn't one. The indicators are controlled by the body control module.  Do they flash if you switch the hazard switch on? 

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Thanks for that bit of info I have disconnected the battery still the same even if I switch the hazards on it’s still the same no flashing at all even after I switch the car off the lights stay on as if there getting constant power from somewhere 

Sounds like a shot relay to me.

See- What do I know [emoji849]

• Like 1

Oh, think you need it looking at by an auto electrician then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would anybody happen to know where the indicators are earthed as I have seen what looks like an earthing point under the battery that looks quite rusty I have tried to undo the earth but the bolt holding it on has rounded off 

"You won't find a relay because there isn't one. The indicators are controlled by the body control module."  this is just the kind of thing that is so annoying about modern cars, in the old days you stood a chance of solving it yourself because you could understand the route of the power and how it went from one place to another. Now it's all done by the BCM which is a computer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Don Mo said:

Would anybody happen to know where the indicators are earthed as I have seen what looks like an earthing point under the battery that looks quite rusty I have tried to undo the earth but the bolt holding it on has rounded off 

Somewhere near the shock top mounting nuts for n/s/f indicators.

• Like 1

thank you will try and see if I can add an additional earth wire see if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys solved the problem turned out to be a faulty bcm module thank you once again for all the help everyone 

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know. 

• 1 year later...

How much wad the fix? Have the same problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club