Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of car do I have?

MrCoolAid

Good day,

I purchased a 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium yesterday. Today when I got out of my vehicle I took a look at the back of my car and it has a Platinum decal on the back of it instead of the Titanium that I could have sworn I saw before (granted it was likely platinum all along). I looked through all of my paperwork from the dealership that I purchased it from and it is all displayed as Titanium. VINs match up from the vehicle to the paperwork on the car. I looked at my paperwork from my insurance company and it is all listed as Platinum again with the same VIN. I am wondering if there is a solid way of knowing what trim level I purchased. As of right now I am genuinely confused on what model I have. I pawned through my loan paperwork and they did not adjust the price on me from what I agreed on so they didn't try to sneak a different vehicle on me during the buying process.

4 hours ago, MrCoolAid said:

Good day,

I purchased a 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium yesterday. Today when I got out of my vehicle I took a look at the back of my car and it has a Platinum decal on the back of it instead of the Titanium that I could have sworn I saw before (granted it was likely platinum all along). I looked through all of my paperwork from the dealership that I purchased it from and it is all displayed as Titanium. VINs match up from the vehicle to the paperwork on the car. I looked at my paperwork from my insurance company and it is all listed as Platinum again with the same VIN. I am wondering if there is a solid way of knowing what trim level I purchased. As of right now I am genuinely confused on what model I have. I pawned through my loan paperwork and they did not adjust the price on me from what I agreed on so they didn't try to sneak a different vehicle on me during the buying process.

This is mostly a UK forum and we don't get the Fusion over here any more, it's very different to the Fusion we had about 10 years ago!  A quick look online shows Platinum has superseded Titanium as being the top spec for that car though.  So you have a Platinum spec car, but that appears to be equivalent to Titanium anyway. :smile: 

• Like 2

I believe the North American Fusion is basically the same as the current Mondeo sold in UK? I have seen somewhere that Platinum was introduced as the top trim for 2017 MY and then dropped for 2019, moving Titanium back up a notch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club