Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2,5 sony radio problem

ngalakto

Hello everyone,

I need some help with my sony mp3 player. I have a focus mk2,5 which used to have a fully functional 6000cd.  I found a second hand sony mp3 from a focus mk2 and i decided to purchase it.

When i installed it to my car, radio and mp3 worked fine but bluetooth and voice control didn't.

Every time i try to connect my phone via bluetooth,the unit instead of the four digits pin, says "no phone connected" and returns to radio mode. I tried debonding any existing phones but none is bonded. I disconnected the cars battery for about 1 hour,hopping that this would reset the radio but that failed to.

Finally i visited my local Ford dealer who used a diagnostic tool to format the system but that didn't help either. I have to admit though that i have some doubts about what he did because when he returned the car the stations memory were exactly the same with the ones that i have setted.

My bluetooth module is the 8M5T-19G488-AM.

Now i am stack with a non working bluetooth radio.

Any suggestions are welcome!

P.S.:Sorry for the poor english but i'm greek!

I do know that some of Sony CD units sold on eBay can say focus / mondeo but will not work on focus .it has to be certain mode number & from a focus only .
btw have you checked for the bluetooth module is fitted ? fitted behind the glovebox. also the mic above in maplight in roof , also radio control stalk with voice command button on it.
yunii

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, yunii said:

I do know that some of Sony CD units sold on Ebay can say focus / mondeo but will not work on focus .it has to be certain mode number & from a focus only .
btw have you checked for the bluetooth module is fitted ? fitted behind the glovebox. also the mic above in maplight in roof , also radio control stalk with voice command button on it.
yunii

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

The radio cd came from a Focus mk2 and everything else you mentioned is in place.Bluetooth module fitted,mic above in maplight and radio control stalk with voice command button on it.

I have used all this in the past with my previous 6000cd and all worked fine.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:50 PM, ngalakto said:

Thanks for the reply.

The radio cd came from a Focus mk2 and everything else you mentioned is in place.Bluetooth module fitted,mic above in maplight and radio control stalk with voice command button on it.

I have used all this in the past with my previous 6000cd and all worked fine.

You may need to get an ELM-327 and code the bluetooth module to the radio yourself. It's inexpensive and an invaluable tool. You would use ELMConfig? i think to program the bluetooth module.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:57 AM, Micro said:

You may need to get an ELM-327 and code the bluetooth module to the radio yourself. It's inexpensive and an invaluable tool. You would use ELMConfig? i think to program the bluetooth module.

Thanks for the answer!

Is there a how to guide???Never used an elm 327 before.

If the radio came from an MK2 it will be a GEN2 Sony radio. GEN2 Sony radio's are based on the old 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicontrol system. 

Your car has the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system (8M5T modules are 2nd generation modules). The 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol sytem requires a GEN3 Sony radio.

GEN2 and GEN3 Sony radio's look identical but are technically different. These radio's can only be identified by the software version number and/or the part number. 

In this case the radio you bought is simply not compatible with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your car has. The easies way to solve this is to replace the Sony radio for the correct GEN3 version.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

If the radio came from an MK2 it will be a GEN2 Sony radio. GEN2 Sony radio's are based on the old 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicontrol system. 

Your car has the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system (8M5T modules are 2nd generation modules). The 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol sytem requires a GEN3 Sony radio.

GEN2 and GEN3 Sony radio's look identical but are technically different. These radio's can only be identified by the software version number and/or the part number. 

In this case the radio you bought is simply not compatible with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your car has. The easies way to solve this is to replace the Sony radio for the correct GEN3 version.

Thank you for your immediate response!

Do you know which sony part number i should be looking for so that i can identify that it is GEN3?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club