Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Mk 3.5 - tint/rear lights/mods

Ennvoqation

New to the forums, and been lurking for a while Recently acquired a 2015 1.5 120 Diesel to replace my 2006 1.8 diesel and it's been surprisingly a lot of fun to drive. 

I'm  the process of putting some mods together. The car didn't come with the appearance pack so in the process of getting the rear windows tinted, I've been told Ford OEM Glass is around 20% tint, is this correct?

Also been offered a set of LED Tail Lights from an RS, are these drop in compatible? I know the DRL front lights require Forscan to enable them. Also what's the difference between stock lights and OEM apart from the LED rear light bar?

Next up after all that is installing Powerfold mirrors and maybe a reversing camera, along with power coating the wheels. If any one else has suggestions for upgrades/customisation let me know.

Thanks.

I recently replaced the headlights on mine for the DRL type, all seemed easy enough to program. Rear lights would probably just plug in, the headlights worked on side, dip and main before programming, it was just the DRL that didn’t.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a play at the weekend and report back.

Just a quick update, the rear LED lights are straight drop-in, and I've replaced the reverse/indicator bulbs from those sold at Autobeam. Next up is rear driving lights then the rest of the mods next month.

Look forward to seeing your light tints. Thats on my 'to-do' list for my mk8 Fiesta

2 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Look forward to seeing your light tints. Thats on my 'to-do' list for my mk8 Fiesta

I'll probably go with a 10% tint rather than anything drastic, it's mostly to blend the red plastic into the black paint. Car needs a lot of TLC with scratches to the top coat and other paint damage, nothing too surprising for it's age just a lack of maintenance.

11 minutes ago, Ennvoqation said:

I'll probably go with a 10% tint rather than anything drastic, it's mostly to blend the red plastic into the black paint. Car needs a lot of TLC with scratches to the top coat and other paint damage, nothing too surprising for it's age just a lack of maintenance.

Cool. Look forward to seeing them done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club