Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bonnet sealing on ford fusion

GEORGE HARRISON

rainwater seeps past bonnet into engine compartment, on my ford fusion climate 2009

It's probably the washer jets leaking?  If so, pop them out and put a bit of silicone sealant underneath.  

Thanks Tom, but as it's a Ford Fusion 1.4 (08) it has a wide gap between/around the bonnet & no rubber seal, this may be a design flaw because when its windy rainwater blows in & over the engine/battery etc & as I live by the sea causes rust/corrosion of electrics etc.

Because it's a particularily wide gap & no seal I wonder if anyone had found a way to overcome this problem, or if a company sold a sealing kit or something.  Or if other FUSION owners had or hadn't found this - thanks for your reply.

Is the seal that goes across at the rear of the engine compartment just in front of the wiper arms fitted ?  The offside suspension strut mounting will always get wet, both on the Fusion and the Fiesta, but never seen the battery or engine wet.

The battery and engine always get wet on my cars, I don't think this is a Fusion specific issue.  Engine bays need plenty of airflow so they can't be sealed.  I just blast the mud & salt splatter off with the jetwash when I do the rest of the car.

IMAG4645.thumb.jpg.f143b1770b369bbe503a4238d285dad7.jpg

IMG_20160601_112727941_HDR.thumb.jpg.c1a144bbd8bdb0e5fa327bc6135a0915.jpg

Looks like your Fiesta gets a bit wet.....  I have filled the strut top nut area with wayoxl, as they both fill up with water and get a bit rusty - hopefully the waxoyl will delay that.

Subjectively, our Fusion engine does get a muckier than the Fiesta, both 1.6L petrol, so engine is similar, but the Fusion engine compartment has a lot more space.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club