Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper damage.

hardmonkeys

Hey all, Damage to the rear bumper. Looks  like the black plastic trim behind the bumper has cracked, and ideas how much and easy to replace.  Thanks. 

70C45B16-6EE9-4654-85AA-A8CBCF3A7A14.jpeg

403DC34D-6FC3-43BD-A465-665314501354.jpeg

Looks like its just popped apart in the bottom picture, have you tried pushing it back together?

yep, the clip to which the bumper clips to is broken, I've pulled the bumper off further off and can see the black section is pot riveted on to the bodywork, I may remove the bumper at some point to have a decent look

Looks like the wheel arch is dented as well?

it is slightly, but I'm not worried about that, 

Any ideas? I need it sorted before i can signwrite it. 

Better pics. If anyone can help. 

6C8CBE8E-62C3-432F-B070-B0361C0A5AC4.jpeg

189D084C-581D-488A-BA59-BC2571BD914A.jpeg

Short of replacing the strip the bumper clips to (I assume you’ve lost the broken clip and so can glue it back) or going to the extreme measure of glueing the bumper on I’m not sure what you can do.  The dented arch might mean it won’t go back quite flush anyway?

Looks like you've got 2 choices here...either remove the bumper and replace the bracket (should only cost about £15 new but I can't find the right one on ebay). 

Or cut a funny vinyl to accentuate it along with the rest of your sign writing...  Place the end of the rope on the corner of the bumper... :wink: 

Image result for pulling heavy object

haha, like that!!

I bought a new bracket from Ford. £19.09, and 3 new rivets, sorted it on Wednesday, the bumper still doesn't look flush as its distorted, but looks a lot better...I think Im going to respray the bumper corner, it has a few little scuffs on either side that will need sorting. The front bumper needs stapling and filling also, a job for another day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club