Hello, 

Resently I bought my first car a 1.4 v16 Zetec 2009. I want to know what are the best mods to do for interior, exterior and performance/power. Not sure where to start and what will fit my car any suggestions will be much help.

There's not much you can do in terms of power. Naturally aspirated engines designed for an econobox just haven't got anything more to give than what's at the factory. That is without going forced induction, but if you knew what your way around an engine and how to turbo/supercharge, you wouldnt be asking this question I guess.

Usually with your first car you stick a huge back box on it, a few stickers, install wind deflectors, change the shifter knob, paint some bits black with rattle cans (wing mirrors or fog light surrounds are the favourite, or plastidip your wheels) , and change all your lights to LEDs. Oh also a so called "performance air filter" is fitted. For ultra chavness you can fit one of those stupid pod filters and remove the air box all together.

I guess removing your back seats and other unnecessary weight would technically make it faster. 

Personally I'm not a fan of the silver dash in the pre-facelift, just looks a bit plasticky and dated. I'd be tempted to spray it/wrap it, but only if you can achieve a glossy look. Matt colours are ok as accents, but look really tacky and DIY when the whole dash is that colour. If you can achieve the glossy piano black finish from the facelift then it will look 10x better imo.

19 hours ago, Smithy128 said:

Hello, 

Resently I bought my first car a 1.4 v16 Zetec 2009. I want to know what are the best mods to do for interior, exterior and performance/power. Not sure where to start and what will fit my car any suggestions will be much help.

Just drive it.