Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPB tool

Peter jarvis

Hi, can anyone recommend a tool to put my 2016 ford Smax 2.0 power shift into EPB service mode, I’ve tried the Foxwell NT650 but unable to put them in the service mode for changing my rear brake pads, thanks, Peter.

Do it without a tool.

OTE: Carry out the following service mode activation procedure to deactivate the EPB system.

1. Set the ignition to ON.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch to the RELEASE (downward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and EPB.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. NOTE: The EPB system will be deactivated, preventing parking brake application until service has been completed and service (maintenance) mode has been deactivated. The yellow EPB indicator will be illuminated and Maintenance Mode will display on the message center.

NOTE: When replacing rear brake pads in service (maintenance) mode, the brake caliper piston must be compressed into the caliper housing. The brake caliper piston does not have to be rotated while compressing the piston.

Set the ignition to OFF then release the accelerator pedal and EPB switch
  • Like 2

Does work as I just put mine into maintenance mode for reference. 

62483730_144029423411203_3439145433924894720_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just tried to do it manually but will not let me do it, my car is a Smax 2016 2.0 tdci 210, any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

It should work, not one of the 50 plus I've done hasn't worked. But if you are struggling, I would buy an elm 327 adapter for the obd port from tunnelrats and download forscan for free .

Forscan software will put the epb in maintenance mode. 

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

https://forscan.org/home.html

This software can be useful in the future diagnosing issues that can arise.

• Like 1

Hi, bought a ELM 327 from tunnelrat and got the FORScan app on my iPhone and hey presto it works, thank you iantt for the post.

• Like 1

Good to hear you sorted now. The 327 and forscan will no doubt come in handy if you have a fault in the future

• 1 year later...

Hi once its in maintenance mode how do you get it out?  I'm looking at changing my discs and pads.  Also is there a specific tool to compress the caliper or can it be done by hand. Thanks in advance. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club