Hi. I have just bought a focus mk 2 2.0l estate. The problem I have is the bar under the seat that higher and lowers the seat is broken. Do I need to buy the whole seat or just the framework? TIA

4 hours ago, NettG said:

Hi. I have just bought a focus mk 2 2.0l estate. The problem I have is the bar under the seat that higher and lowers the seat is broken. Do I need to buy the whole seat or just the framework? TIA

Hi,

Baring in mind that there are airbags and things in the seat your probably easiest to just swap out the seat; also if the car was ever in an accident the insurance could be void if the seat was deemed by them to be "modified" they like any excuse not to pay out.

Simple enough process; disconnect the battery, undo the four T50 torx bolts then unplug the airbag connector and lift it out through the back passenger door. 

You can purchase individual sizes of Torx to fit a socket wrench from your local Halfords store or similar 

IMG_20150326_172555_zps3fqstlqb.thumb.jpg.6cb9a539d3a5abfb94725007cb06b26f.jpg

The seats are around 45kg though so get a friend to help,

Can pick up a replacement on ebay or you might like to change the interior for a more comfortable ST interior I know your focus is an estate but the seats are all the same, 

The only thing to note is the leather ST interior doesn't have a centre rear seat belt and if going for ST interior you need the seats from a five door model not a three door.

I've had all mine out before when upgrading the entire sound and entertainment.

IMG_20150327_115334_zpsrhrs1o7p.thumb.jpg.761d514095366dc3e37e04790c7830cb.jpg