Do Not Sell My Personal Information

65 Plate Which engine?

BenStanley

Hi Guys,

I have what I believe to be a 2015 (65) Fiesta Titanium with the 1.5 TDCi Durateq engine, I keep getting limp mode and service engine now if I floor it in 3rd or above. After doing some digging I have found it is most likely to be the fuel filter? Is there anything else it could be?

Also when looking online at how to change my fuel filter the bracket holding mine it looks completely different to the all of the ones in the videos, so I am a little confused! 

Does anyone have a guide to changing the fuel filter on this engine as the first 10 on you-tube don't match my engine.

Also does this engine have a DPF Filter? I have read that it does but doesn't have a manual regen option like the focus, is there a way of forcing it as I'm worried mine will be blocked as it has done very little miles before I bought it.

Any help welcomed!

DPF's became mandatory in 2009. So yes yours definitely has one.

What codes have you got? If it's the DPF the code description usually relates quite well. 

There is no driver initiated manual regen option for DPFs unfortunately.  You can force a regen with diagnostic software though.

The fuel filters all work in the same way, it's just a few pipes, electric plug and a few bolts.  It should be close enough to the others you've seen not to be an issue.  There are loads of other things that could cause limo mode in high revs though, really need to have the codes read to avoid wasting money on unnecessary parts.  But having said that, if the fuel filter hasn't been done recently and you don't have access to diags it's probably worth a shot.

Also worth noting it's a 'DuraTorq' branded engine, DuraTec is petrol.

if you are planning on having a ford for a while you should consider getting your own fault code reader.

Eg. one from Tunnelrat (recomended on this forum many times - I have the wifi type and usb type).

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/      less than 20 quid including postage. 

the 'modified' means it has extra switch added for more functions on ford.

use with Forscan software which is free for windows laptop or about 7 quid for the app Apple phones/tablets / android stuff. 

• Like 1

Hey guys sorry for the delay in reply, I found the correct filter and switched it and I still have limp mode.

Annoyingly I don't get any codes as I already have a reader, I get a service engine now message and an amber spanner but no EML for some reason?

35 minutes ago, BenStanley said:

Hey guys sorry for the delay in reply, I found the correct filter and switched it and I still have limp mode.

Annoyingly I don't get any codes as I already have a reader, I get a service engine now message and an amber spanner but no EML for some reason?

Generic reader won't pick up the codes, needs to be Ford specific like Forscan.

• 5 weeks later...

Bought a decent reader and downloaded Forscan I have code P062B any ideas?

A quick google search returns this :-

P062B Internal control module fuel injector control performance. Check the engine control relay, number 11 in the dash fuse box (should be shown on the inside of the cover). Check the voltage to each injector.

Not sure how accurate that is though.

Hmm, that's not a common code unfortunately.  I'd suspect an injector fault confusing the PCM.  Worth checking all injector plugs are tight and there's no visible damage on the injector wiring loom.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club