Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic part under the car ready to fall for the Focus MK4

Chera

Hello guys, today I've noticed that under my car it's  a plastic part that's ready to fall..Is it something that I should be worried about? I think that it's like a cap for the oil change, I'm not sure, can you help me with this? 

I have no idea of the actual piece, but just looking at your photo there seems to be 2 x clips molded into the part. Can you not slide yourself underneath, and see if it just pushes back in?

clips.thumb.jpg.1156cca63fe6b08b91f6341c99516f9e.jpg

• Like 3

Just been out to look at Mk4 Focus and there is nothing like that fitted. Maybe because my car's diesel and that looks like a bracket for the Flux Capacitor !! 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

... that looks like a bracket for the Flux Capacitor !! 🤣

An easy mistake to make. The Flux Capacitor bracket however was updated in 2009, and now being made of kryptonite, looks nothing like that LOL

• Haha 2

Oh, got it, so it's nothing really bad, I'll tell them to place that part back when I'll make the oil change, right now I'm at 8% life, so yeah, it'll come soon . Thanks for your help 🙂

• Like 1

It's an air deflector that's part of the undertray . Ducts air over the manual gearbox on certain models. They did that since MK3 . 5speed box didn't have them and 6speed box did. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, iantt said:

It's an air deflector that's part of the undertray . Ducts air over the manual gearbox on certain models. They did that since MK3 . 5speed box didn't have them and 6speed box did. 

Is it an aerodynamic thing?  I thought it might be for battery cooling.

• 1 year later...

Just happened to me and made a terrible scraping noise mostly at low speeds, reducing at normal speeds for 3-4 days. i thought my brake discs were rubbish at front near side and was all ready for full brake replacement.  Easily removered with just a single Torx bolt and the noise has stopped!  Not sure if I need to replace it (mine is now broken).

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club