ianincheshire

MK4 Passenger Compartment Fuse Box

Has anyone found where this is ?

The manual says below the Glove compartment. I've removed the clips and dropped the felt down but can't see any fuse box.

Its below the glovebox. You pull back the carpet and its underneath.

Thanks, never tried pulling back the carpet!. I expected it to be behind the felt panel held by the push clips.

I don't think you need to pull the carpet back. If you remove the plastic clips holding the felt in place and remove the felt there should be a black plastic cover plate that is contoured to fit the shape of the bulkhead. Remove this by pulling it towards you (it is held in with clips) and the Fusebox will be revealed.

Well mine is behind the carpet in the foot well as per the handbook

Thanks for the help guys, I finally found it.😀

Seems you both were partially right. On my car there's a black plastic plate covering the top edge of the carpet which as @Tizer says, is clipped to the fusebox. Close inspection of the cover does show a Fuse symbol on it. You don't actually have to remove the felt at all, just unclip the cover plate and there's the fusebox.

Pleased you found it @ianincheshire. Thinking back I did remove the felt and pulled the carpet down a bit because I wanted to find an earth point to check the power supply to my Audio unit.