aido1608

STEERING GEAR MOTOR BOLT CORROSION

I have a Mondeo 2014 2.0l Estate and the bolts have bolts have corroded and snapped off causing the rack to fail. Ford want £1800 to replace it even though on there Etis site i get the recall 15S14 - STEERING GEAR MOTOR BOLT CORROSION. Ford say they don't see it when they log on. Major recall in the united states for this but denying  it in the UK, 4 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT A CAR

mondeo.PNG

go to this site and it has a recall on it for your number plate.  Tell me that and do print screens of both screen shots and go to your dealer.  If they can not help you go to a different dealer or go direct to ford customer care.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Must say i just bought a 2011 tit x and the rust proofing seems like Nill under this car ..ridiculous for modern cars.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:05 PM, aido1608 said:

I have a Mondeo 2014 2.0l Estate and the bolts have bolts have corroded and snapped off causing the rack to fail. Ford want £1800 to replace it even though on there Etis site i get the recall 15S14 - STEERING GEAR MOTOR BOLT CORROSION. Ford say they don't see it when they log on. Major recall in the united states for this but denying  it in the UK, 4 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT A CAR

mondeo.PNG

As mentioned by @gg1234635, the UK recall reb site is clearly showing a recall notice for your car but only as of the 21/07/2019.  I'd try once more with the dealer using a printed screenshot from ETIS and the same from www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and if they still play dumb I'd go straight to Ford customer services.

If WE can see it on ETIS and the UK government recalls web site, then "Ford" sure as hell can, as can their dealers.  It's not like we're looking at a magical "special" version of the internet that they can't access.

image.thumb.png.16dbe1a55f8557fe85f7992e73010163.png

5 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

As mentioned by @gg1234635, the UK recall reb site is clearly showing a recall notice for your car but only as of the 21/07/2019.  I'd try once more with the dealer using a printed screenshot from ETIS and the same from www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and if they still play dumb I'd go straight to Ford customer services.

If WE can see it on ETIS and the UK government recalls web site, then "Ford" sure as hell can, as can their dealers.  It's not like we're looking at a magical "special" version of the internet that they can't access.

image.thumb.png.16dbe1a55f8557fe85f7992e73010163.png

I can't see that recall when I look. There is a recall outstanding but for a pcm update , and that is why it shows on mot gov service. 

Screenshot_20190722-182848.png

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I can't see that recall when I look. There is a recall outstanding but for a pcm update , and that is why it shows on mot gov service. 

Screenshot_20190722-182848.png

Interesting that the Op has a screenshot suggesting that there's a outstanding field action (seemingly from Ford ETIS) for the corroded bolt issue but it doesn't show when you look (Ian).  I can't understand how/why the information would be different (assuming that the screenshot from the Op is legitimate).

It is legit as he has posted the same info on a Facebook group. A few of us have the same etis page showing as I do. We can't understand why that recall is showing as there is no such recall released in the UK. That's why the dealers can't carry out recall that only exists in the us. 

But I do agree with him regarding it should be a recall on the early Mk5 Mondeo's. The bolts are obviously the same quality and will  corrode in the UK as well as the us. 

25 minutes ago, iantt said:

It is legit as he has posted the same info on a Facebook group. A few of us have the same etis page showing as I do. We can't understand why that recall is showing as there is no such recall released in the UK. That's why the dealers can't carry out recall that only exists in the us. 

But I do agree with him regarding it should be a recall on the early Mk5 Mondeo's. The bolts are obviously the same quality and will  corrode in the UK as well as the us. 

Interesting.

Although it wouldn't be the 1st time that Ford has been compelled to introduce a large scale recall in the USA and then given EU countries/customers the shaft over the exact same issue.

Yeah like the powershift dry clutch gearbox issues. Now in the usa dealers are now told to fix all powershift issues regardless of age or milage. Here, nothing. 

I have sent all the info i have to the ford Executive office 4 week ago now and still under investigation. I still get the recall on my laptop and phone and now have video's of me using the Ford.co.uk website.

Update from Ford today and there are doing the repair free of charge 

1 hour ago, aido1608 said:

Update from Ford today and there are doing the repair free of charge 

Well done . Pays to be persistent.