__md__

fiesta mk 8 st line turbo unit

Hi Guys anyone know how much it would roughly cost to replace a fiesta mk 8 st line turbo?

As an example Pumaspeed do a standard turbo for £380, an updated hybrid for around £740, both exchange,  or plus £360 or so to buy outright, fitting around £230.

But wouldn't a Mk 8 still be under warranty?

27 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

As an example Pumaspeed do a standard turbo for £380, an updated hybrid for around £740, both exchange,  or plus £360 or so to buy outright, fitting around £230.

But wouldn't a Mk 8 still be under warranty?

Hi Mate someone I know said he suspects his turbo is gone or going he said he enquired with Ford and apparently they said turbo failure is not covered under warranty 

sounds strange, I would expect turbo to covered by warranty, unless he has done some tuning mods on the car and then probably voided the warranty

18 minutes ago, isetta said:

sounds strange, I would expect turbo to covered by warranty, unless he has done some tuning mods on the car and then probably voided the warranty

Yes, me too. It's not a "wear and tear" or "consumable" item and is a basic component in most cars nowadays and would normally last the life of the engine. Can't see any mention of turbo being excluded in my warranty paperwork.

Turbo is covered by 3 year 60 k warranty. Unless as already mentioned tuning mods have been fitted. 

THanks for the info guys I will advise him to go back to the truat ford where he bought it from, and speak to one of the managers so it can

be fixed under warranty!

16 minutes ago, __md__ said:

I will advise him to go back to the truat ford where he bought it from, and speak to one of the managers so it can

be fixed under warranty!

Strange how that name keeps cropping up on these forums, and not in a good way.......😀

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Strange how that name keeps cropping up on these forums, and not in a good way.......😀

No way arent they supposed to be the leading ford reseller in the uk?

1 hour ago, __md__ said:

No way arent they supposed to be the leading ford reseller in the uk?

So they may be or so may they claim, nowadays being a “leading” or “largest” seller/reseller doesn’t really mean much. Service quality will just vary between places. If anything, I find that as large places have plenty of business, they can sometimes fob you off a bit if they’re too busy or just not that interested but in balance, if you put a complaint in, it’s more likely you’ll get somewhere than at a small place.

10 minutes ago, DG97 said:

So they may be or so may they claim, nowadays being a “leading” or “largest” seller/reseller doesn’t really mean much. Service quality will just vary between places. If anything, I find that as large places have plenty of business, they can sometimes fob you off a bit if they’re too busy or just not that interested but in balance, if you put a complaint in, it’s more likely you’ll get somewhere than at a small place.

very true!