Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2003 1.4 semi auto juddering

Danielg19

Hi everyone

im looking for abit if help with my fiesta 1.4 2003 , couple months back I had severe intermittent juddering as if it was going to stall then engine light came on with a code saying cylinder 4 misfire  Checked the spark plugs to find they were rusty and sitting in water , changed the plugs and the car was fine for few weeks then started again after heavy rain . Noticed the water was getting in through the water jet on driver side and running down airbox and sitting straight on top the ht leads, dried the plugs again and fixed the leak but I’m still having issue with juddering and power loss. If I approach a round about say in 2nd gear then put my foot down I get a judder like kangaroo hopping until I floor it and it pulls away. Sometimes I start it and feels fine can be driving no issue and feels like it’s got the usual power then sometimes it just feels lumpy and no power, it also seems to do most of the juddering when I’m doing a right turn which is bamboozling me. I can only think it still has water in the wells and when I turn it’s moving the water and knocking plug off. I haven’t had any dash lights since. 

I was reading a MAF sensor can also cause juddering but I can’t see one on my fiesta and some people say I have a MAP sensor on mine not and airflow sensor ? 

Anyone had same issues or any idea what else can cause this judder, loss power ?

36 minutes ago, Danielg19 said:

Hi everyone

im looking for abit if help with my fiesta 1.4 2003 , couple months back I had severe intermittent juddering as if it was going to stall then engine light came on with a code saying cylinder 4 misfire  Checked the spark plugs to find they were rusty and sitting in water , changed the plugs and the car was fine for few weeks then started again after heavy rain . Noticed the water was getting in through the water jet on driver side and running down airbox and sitting straight on top the ht leads, dried the plugs again and fixed the leak but I’m still having issue with juddering and power loss. If I approach a round about say in 2nd gear then put my foot down I get a judder like kangaroo hopping until I floor it and it pulls away. Sometimes I start it and feels fine can be driving no issue and feels like it’s got the usual power then sometimes it just feels lumpy and no power, it also seems to do most of the juddering when I’m doing a right turn which is bamboozling me. I can only think it still has water in the wells and when I turn it’s moving the water and knocking plug off. I haven’t had any dash lights since. 

I was reading a MAF sensor can also cause juddering but I can’t see one on my fiesta and some people say I have a MAP sensor on mine not and airflow sensor ? 

Anyone had same issues or any idea what else can cause this judder, loss power ?

have you checked the condition of your engine core plugs?

2 hours ago, Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4 said:

have you checked the condition of your engine core plugs?

Hi

i haven’t yet , I’m taking it on Saturday to my brothers who is abit better with repairs then me to have a look at it. I haven’t heard of core plugs before , I’ll have a google see what they are and located thanks

I took the ht leads out had a look no moister on the leads or I could see just rusty and core plugs rusty, I took the sensor off that I was told could cause issue and it was abit dirty with oil so cleaned it and put back on but same issue , car very sluggish, doesn’t seem conftable in third and wants to sit in 2nd revs jumping.it seems like same issue when I had the plug issue on cylinder 4 but not getting any warning lights 

90857D6E-35B6-43FC-9753-BA93A232D9B2.jpeg

F7C13AC6-2DD3-432C-9835-1D7D975C0D2E.jpeg

2ED1A8D5-A238-4E4D-BEC0-D3C2F37FF743.jpeg

Just update , had somebody look at the car they said the drive shaft both sides have allot of play on them and need changed , also I was advised fuel filter should be changed hasn’t been changed in 4 years :/ . I’m going to do full service kit on it oil, filter fuel , new plugs , also change the drive shafts. Does anyone know what else could cause a judder when accelerating, it seems to do it when pulling up at roundabouts and trying speed up especially when turning? The lad that looked at it said it could be the drive shaft ? But also said fuel filter. He also had it connected up for error codes and it didn’t show anything even with engine idling. 

Does anyone know if there is difference between drive shafts for the manual and semi autos?

• 3 weeks later...

Just incase anyone has any more ideas about solving my issue this is latest lol

ive changed drive shafts , oil filter, fuel filter , air filter, new plugs , new brake calliper pads and disc cause passenger front kept seizing on.

put all that on and engine still missfire , but no engine light could just hear the engine wasn’t idling properly , changed coil pack ht leads still same, then changed the gap on the spark plug which cylinder was misfiring and engine stopped missfiring. Drove lovely for about a mile then missfire came back on and felt like lost about 30%power didn’t want to excellerate, when got it up to 60 it was abit Sickly like could feel it wasn’t running smooth. Got home and when I pulled up outside house it was misfiring switched engine off and on and missfire gone again. Drove it 12 miles no issues. Then yesterday drove it again and after about 4 miles felt like just dropped power again so i mashed excellerator few times and it picked back up , because I’ve had in the past like a error when engine just loses power  and goes into crawl and comes up error  throttle body or something like that but switching ignition on off clears it and runs fine.Its really confusing me to tie down what actually is the fault 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club