Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squealing When accelerating from Idle when A/C on

Rundle123

Hi there,

Just started to hear a strange squealing or squeaking noise from my the driver side of my of my Fiesta 1.2 when I’m pulling off and when the A/C is on, however when I turn the A/C off I don’t hear a thing, the cars 2013 reg and done 46k could it be the auxiliary belt? When I first heard the noise i thought it was the clutch but I only hear it when the A/C is on.

Thanks

Sounds like either the belt or tensioner need to be changed.

40 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Sounds like either the belt or tensioner need to be changed.

Auxiliary belt? Also the sound literally lasts less than a second 

Went to the garage today to have this looked at, originally they were baffled until they noticed the AC compressor clutch wasn’t engaging when I quickly revved the engine from idle, he’s told me that I should keep using the car and ac as it is for the time being as I’m still getting cold air but eventually when the ac stops giving me cold air then I should look at getting it changed, he said it’s an expensive job does anyone know roughly? 

If it's the compressor you could look at getting a second hand one. Replacing it will mean the gas will come out so could either pay a AC guy to extract the gas whilst changing the compressor over then putting it back in. Not too sure on costs. 

47 minutes ago, zain611 said:

If it's the compressor you could look at getting a second hand one. Replacing it will mean the gas will come out so could either pay a AC guy to extract the gas whilst changing the compressor over then putting it back in. Not too sure on costs. 

I see, as the AC is still supplying cold air it seems okay just hoping it lasts for a little while, I’m still confused with the whole thing as it seems like a lot of effort to change it, would it not be easier to change the disc on the outside of the pulley as that seems to be the thing making the squeak

5 minutes ago, Rundle123 said:

I see, as the AC is still supplying cold air it seems okay just hoping it lasts for a little while, I’m still confused with the whole thing as it seems like a lot of effort to change it, would it not be easier to change the disc on the outside of the pulley as that seems to be the thing making the squeak

Ah sorry I was thinking the gas leaked out. The AC on mine recently stopped working and found the gas had leaked out somewhere 😤

Have you checked the condition of the auxiliary belt? Just wondering what could cause a squeaky disc. 

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Ah sorry I was thinking the gas leaked out. The AC on mine recently stopped working and found the gas had leaked out somewhere 😤

Have you checked the condition of the auxiliary belt? Just wondering what could cause a squeaky disc. 

Ah right not good! The belt is in alright condition, he had shown me what was causing the squeaking, the bit on the far left when the AC is on and when I revved the engine seemed to not spin straight away which is what’s causing the noise apparently, I was thinking can that just not be replaced.

CBF0962B-A1E9-4289-B471-D0516D748BDE.jpeg

You could see if its possible buying a AC clutch. There's a place not far from me who break a lot of mk6 fiesta and they quoted me £35 for a second hand compressor. 

First see though if its possible buying the clutch 

Stick a belt in it and a bit of white greese spray on the clutch assembly when its off. Make sure to give the groved part a wipe to make sure you don't over spray and see how you get on. Might have a bit of ***** between the magnet and pulley and the greese will hopefully dislodge it.

16 hours ago, zain611 said:

You could see if its possible buying a AC clutch. There's a place not far from me who break a lot of mk6 fiesta and they quoted me £35 for a second hand compressor. 

First see though if its possible buying the clutch 

That’s pretty good, I’ll have to have a look round, I’m guessing what the mechanic meant was that it’s harder to replace the clutch rather than the ac compressor so it’s better to run it out til it dies but that’s what I think he meant.

16 hours ago, Static said:

Stick a belt in it and a bit of white greese spray on the clutch assembly when its off. Make sure to give the groved part a wipe to make sure you don't over spray and see how you get on. Might have a bit of ***** between the magnet and pulley and the greese will hopefully dislodge it.

You think that could help? Could be worth a try for the minute if it helps!

It's worth a shot. Cheap and cheerful attempt. Usually magnets don't engage if the electric resistance is off or something is stopping it. A clean and a slightly tighter belt may help you out

• Thanks 1