Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Etis shows different reg number to current

MusicalChris

Hi, i just checked my vin on the Ford Etis website and it shows my cars reg as a CA59 when the actual reg on the car is KX11?  has anyone had this before and should i be concerned about this?

Have been basing my servicing on it being an 11 year car so only did the cambelt etc this year

Thanks again

Chris

Are you sure you got the VIN exactly right?  Just one digit wrong could be an entirely different Fiesta.

Hi, number is 100% correct, have a pic of the number on my phone from the windscreen

Having looked at the service book at the back page the same CA59 reg is written in the book

Seems odd that it was re-registered

Chris

Etis only records the reg it was given when it was new.

It's illegal to put a plate on a car which makes it appear newer than it is though.

Perhaps the CA59 is a custom plate used for first reg, but was then taken off, so it was re-registered based on it's year of production, 2011?

What does Ford Etis show the build date as?

• Like 1

Hi Alex, i cannot seem to find any info on it other than 2008-2012 manufacture date, am not registered in the site so it does not show me much info, other than if there are any know issues

Thanks again

Chris

1 minute ago, MusicalChris said:

Hi Alex, i cannot seem to find any info on it other than 2008-2012 manufacture date, am not registered in the site so it does not show me much info, other than if there are any know issues

Thanks again

Chris

You can register for free as an indepenent operator.

Hi Alex, so registered and does say build date of Jan 2011 and registered March 2011 so must have been a custom/private plate

Thanks again

Chris

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club