AlMcL

17 inch snowflake alloy

It’s needed for my daughters mk7 zetec s. She hit a pot hole! A rim on its own is fine. A few on eBay but the ones she can afford won’t post 

if you buy one mount it on the car and spin it round before you pay to have a tyre put on it etc. You want to make sure it's not distorted straight away. They often are distorted on the back edge. The back edge is very weak as there is no support there to brace it. The outer edge has the spokes much closer to brace it. Also being 17 inch they have very low profile tyres so there is not much to cushion the blow and the wheel suffers.

I have 14inch steel wheels with taller tyres but they wouldn't look good on a zetec s

I was thinking on putting steel wheels on it but she is not having any of that!

It’s style /looks versus cost/practical. My econetic has 14 inch steel as standard. My previous zetec had 15 inch alloy but I changed it to 14 inch steel. The style model(non-econetic) had 15 inch steel.     14 inch steel very easy to get as these were the standard spare wheels supplied so breakers have them from the boot of crashed cars. Often totally unused. 15 inch steel probably a lot harder to get.   

Looks wouldnt/don’t bother me but it’s everything to a 17 year old! I was probably the same at her age. 

On 8/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, AlMcL said:

I was thinking on putting steel wheels on it but she is not having any of that!

My winter set of wheels are 14" alloys. I actually use them all year round now. 

Might be worth looking into. Premium tyre + alloy set of four didn't cost any more than four 17" premium tyres. 

22 hours ago, jbell said:

My winter set of wheels are 14" alloys. I actually use them all year round now. 

Might be worth looking into. Premium tyre + alloy set of four didn't cost any more than four 17" premium tyres. 

It’s another option