Dbhillbilly

1.4tdci what flywheel do I have?

Hi all I've been given as 55 plate 2004 1.4tdci +. The clutch slips a bit when it's driven really hard. Looking at getting it changed by my mechanic friend. Looks like there are options for both a fixed flywheel and a duel mass one. I've asked at several motor factors and they can't tell which one it has. Tried main dealer but they won't tell the part numbers that are required. Does anyone have access to the ford database to check which clutch kit and flywheel it requires pls? Also is it worth getting the slave cylinder changed at the same time? Thank you in advance. 

Really like the car it drives well and is great on fuel and the £32 road tax is crazy.

It could be either DMF or SMF on them, there doesn't seem to be any definite way to tell without physically looking.  You could try putting your VIN in 7zap but it'll most likely just give you both options, same as the motorfactors database.

Yes, always worth changing the slave cylinder at the same time.

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It could be either DMF or SMF on them, there doesn't seem to be any definite way to tell without physically looking.  You could try putting your VIN in 7zap but it'll most likely just give you both options, same as the motorfactors database.

Yes, always worth changing the slave cylinder at the same time.

Hi mate thank you for the reply