DEVSR2

MK8 Fiesta boot

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, anyone know what this panel (circled in red) is for (or whats behind it) on the mk8 fiesta?

Also, has anyone got any recommendations for gadgets they use to stop bags rolling about in the boot? The hooks (circled in blue) are ridiculously shallow so nothing stays on them unlike the focus.

TIA 

 

image.thumb.png.0b71e67e6496b7130c7fb177476f9e9b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not got that on my 2018 - mine has a smaller version of the compartment on the other side, as shown on the right of your photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange, might try pop it off with a trim tool and have a look. Just odd to have it fixed there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Search ebay for Stayhold boot tidy.
I use them to stop stuff sliding around in my boot.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got the same on my 2019 active, I assumed it was a speaker, is it not? I don't have a B&O Speakers

Could be a air vent  for when you stick mother in law in the boot😜

Let us know what you find, I don't have a trim tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's an air vent to keep the boot dry when the seals fail and fill the boot with water... :wink: 

Seriously?  

Leaking boot is a common problem on the mk2 and mk2.5 focus due to ford using foam seals on the bolts instead of silicone;

There now putting a blow dryer in the fiesta for when the seals stop functioning that's legendary 🤣

Get an extra two for the bonnet when the windscreen washer jets start leaking around the seals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shout , I've seen them on amazon just now. Looks like a good idea.

Ha I doubt it's an air vent 😂 I don't have the B&O either - doubt it's a speaker by looking at it. I'll dig out my trim tools at some point and take off 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Seriously?  

Leaking boot is a common problem on the mk2 and mk2.5 focus due to ford using foam seals on the bolts instead of silicone;

There now putting a blow dryer in the fiesta for when the seals stop functioning that's legendary 🤣

Get an extra two for the bonnet when the windscreen washer jets start leaking around the seals 

Lol, on a serious note, leaking boot is even more common on the Mk3 Focus sadly...  They'll all rust from the inside out eventually, very poorly designed & built.  If the Mk8 Fiesta is the same then I hope it is an air vent! :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

Good shout , I've seen them on amazon just now. Looks like a good idea.

Ha I doubt it's an air vent 😂 I don't have the B&O either - doubt it's a speaker by looking at it. I'll dig out my trim tools at some point and take off 👍

Do you have a panoramic roof?  I'm just wondering if the roof motor is mounted there and they've had overheating issues on the earlier ones.  It does look like a heat vent but seems a bit much just for a fuse or relay box!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Pano roof sadly! 

Article makes a good point but there doesn't seem to be any release holes. Further adds to the mystery lol 

I'm at work until Wednesday so will probably try look Thursday 

Electrics of some sort is my suspicion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are external air vents like that in all car boots, that's where the leaks come in on the Mk3 Focus lol.  But usually the air is allowed to flow through the carpet instead of having a massive plastic grill there. 

We can't wait until Thursday Dev, you've got us all intrigued now! :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There are external air vents like that in all car boots, that's where the leaks come in on the Mk3 Focus lol.  But usually the air is allowed to flow through the carpet instead of having a massive plastic grill there. 

We can't wait until Thursday Dev, you've got us all intrigued now! :laugh: 

Hope it's not a stash of weed or coke 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just had a quick look and it pops off very easily.  Just pull the top away from the lining slightly and then you can slide it upwards and it'll come off.  Looks like it's housing an electronics control unit of some description, strangely it's labelled as Continental (as in, the tyre manufacturer) so I don't know if it's part of the TPMS or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

I've just had a quick look and it pops off very easily.  Just pull the top away from the lining slightly and then you can slide it upwards and it'll come off.  Looks like it's housing an electronics control unit of some description, strangely it's labelled as Continental (as in, the tyre manufacturer) so I don't know if it's part of the TPMS or something.

Ah that's interesting.  Continental make a lot of modules and ECUs, not just tyre related parts.  :smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah that's interesting.  Continental make a lot of modules and ECUs, not just tyre related parts.  :smile:

 

Definitely aware of that, there's not a large number of connections that I could see though so I'm jumping to the conclusion that it's relatively simple compared to an ECU or something.  Just a thought though, I have no real answer as to what it is really...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly seems like a thing for 2018.5+ models. My early 2018 doesnt have a vent and just has a storage space as per the other side. 

 

Best way to find out to what it is... someone risk and unplug it and see what happens 😛 I'm sure that's the best way to test things out 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.