Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What UK fiesta's have cylinder deactivation?

auldreekie

As per the title above, does my 2019 fiesta active 1 have this function?

Does the driver know when the drop from 3 cylinders to 2 cylinders happens if conditions are right and is there a warning lamp of sorts to let driver know? 

58 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

As per the title above, does my 2019 fiesta active 1 have this function?

Does the driver know when the drop from 3 cylinders to 2 cylinders happens if conditions are right and is there a warning lamp of sorts to let driver know? 

Nope, only Fiesta with cylinder deactivation is the ST. The 2019 Fiesta will have a GPF which previous Fiestas did not have. 

The conditions are basically the right mix of speed, engine temperature and engine load. No warning lights etc, it’s just something that goes on in the background.

2 hours ago, DG97 said:

Nope, only Fiesta with cylinder deactivation is the ST. The 2019 Fiesta will have a GPF which previous Fiestas did not have. 

The conditions are basically the right mix of speed, engine temperature and engine load. No warning lights etc, it’s just something that goes on in the background.

Edited by auldreekie
found the answer.

4 hours ago, auldreekie said:

The 2019 Fiesta will have a GPF which previous Fiestas did not have. 

Anyone know what effect the GPF has on the performance/mpg.

I had a test drive in the new ST about a month ago, only way I could detect that it was running on 2 cylinders was a change in engine sound and it wasn't much of a difference.

Was easy to make it switch to 2 cylinders on the motorway just sat behind a lorry (at a safe distance of about 100 metres of course, for anybody who followed my post on Adaptive cruise control 😉) doing about 55mph, you can hear the engine note change as it drops a cylinder.

12 hours ago, Blatto said:

Anyone know what effect the GPF has on the performance/mpg.

I had a test drive in the new ST about a month ago, only way I could detect that it was running on 2 cylinders was a change in engine sound and it wasn't much of a difference.

Was easy to make it switch to 2 cylinders on the motorway just sat behind a lorry (at a safe distance of about 100 metres of course, for anybody who followed my post on Adaptive cruise control 😉) doing about 55mph, you can hear the engine note change as it drops a cylinder.

I don't know if it's hurt the economy, but my 1.0 Ecoboost 100PS (Bluefin mapped to ~150PS) gets about 39mpg measured at the pump.  That's mainly town/commuting conditions so not ideal.  I don't know what kind of figures they were previously getting before the GPF though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club