Do Not Sell My Personal Information

break fluid change

mitch84

Hi

I normally get a break fluid change every 2 years with my service, but I often wonder if Its needed so often based on my low mileage (roughly 4-5000 a year)

Is it still advised to get it changed every 2 years?

Thanks

The boiling point of the brake fluid can be tested by any garage, this will let you know whether it's still good or reaching the end of it's life.

Mileage isn't particularly relevant on a road car because brake fluid absorbs water over time, hence the 2 years recommendation.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The boiling point of the brake fluid can be tested by any garage, this will let you know whether it's still good or reaching the end of it's life.

Mileage isn't particularly relevant on a road car because brake fluid absorbs water over time, hence the 2 years recommendation.  

Ok, only when I drop my car off for its service, they ask me if I want it changed even before the car has been serviced.

Do you think its something Ford's would check in a service, if thats the case I will say I don't want it changed beforehand. 

27 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Ok, only when I drop my car off for its service, they ask me if I want it changed even before the car has been serviced.

Do you think its something Ford's would check in a service, if thats the case I will say I don't want it changed beforehand. 

I don't think Ford dealers check it under the standard schedule, they'll just advise replacement every 2 years instead.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club