Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 mk4 focus rear light upgrade

Ford Cortina/Capri

On 8/5/2020 at 11:17 PM, M4RC said:

Hi won't this mean the original side lights stay on too?

FA503F12-0363-492D-BFF0-F861092928EC.jpeg

• 2 months later...

On 8/6/2020 at 12:17 AM, M4RC said:

Anyone still looking to do this... 

Its extremely simple and requires no programming at all. Just connect the white wire into the yellow. 

FA503F12-0363-492D-BFF0-F861092928EC.jpeg

is it reliable?  does the whole system work correctly after just this manipulation?

is there a solution for this issue? i want to convert mijn rear light to LED to

• 4 months later...

Has the original post holder got any updates on how the conversion went as I have a 68 plate St Line X and want to convert my rear lights to Dynamic LED?

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody confirm if the wire connecting works. would really like the led lights for the rear. Only thing that lets the back end of the car down.???

• 2 weeks later...

So i can confirm the above method of joining the yellow and white wire together does work without any need for anything else. just connect the white wire to the yellow on the lamp side. No forscan needed as it is just supplying a live to the led light. hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

Just an extra on this. Haven’t looked into it properly yet but i have just been playing around with forscan and managed to activate the rears as DRL’s. Only thing is the rear led’s still use normal bulbs in brake and indicator and i think with joining the yellow and white wire it is using the sidelight/brake bulb with led strip. I think this is normal as it is an option in forscan bcm menu but when i chose to disable it disabled the led strip too. (Will post a pic when its dark). Just wondering if i can change the bulb so it is just a brake light bulb instead of both sidelight/brake??Any ideas??There are lots of options in forscan for lights but need to be careful because of connecting yellow/white wires. 

Anyone wanting to activate rear drl its ‘option b’ under ‘DRL conditions’ in bdyCM. This should work for halogen too. 

You can see in the pics below the sidelight/brakelight bulb above the led strip. Brakelight still works as it should  

Still looks soo much better though😁

7A616122-6B8F-4461-A08F-4483FBAA2245.thumb.jpeg.b89e3af7ea8472ed10f209a42fd6a5cc.jpeg922B50AE-C8BC-49C6-8A18-A817ADBEF36F.thumb.jpeg.586f87f5ab5888a6e73b94b140a5798e.jpeg

• Like 2

So i went back at this today as there was nothing i could change in forscan to get rid of rear halogen sidelight because of yellow/white wire link. So i decided to wire the outer light to the tailgate light. Anyone wants to do it it is alot better this way, it is pin 3 on the tail light block to the white wire on the outer lights (withouthaving yellow and white linked anymore) no need to remove the lamps as the wire connector blocks are visable. This gave me more control over rear lights in forscan and i was able to change left and right outer lights independently from ‘brake and position’ to just ‘brake’. This is the look i wanted and left the drls as front and rear leds only. Looks alot better especially at night. The picture doesn’t do it justice  looks alot clearer in real life

E0466638-CF49-4247-BEB4-2A143EF8269A.jpeg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Still looking at fitting led rear lights, but keep getting a hyper flash warning even though all lights are working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I had to cut the wire as above and link inner light to outer light as discribed in above post. I’m at work mate and don’t have time but the opposite side is the same. 

• Like 2

Wow! Impressive work. Looks like the normal led lights that came with my car. 

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm bulb size for rear taillight. 

I want to replace rear turn signals bulbs in ST-line led taillight. 

On internet I can't find size. 

Focus mk4 ST-line 2020 

Tnx 

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, new here. 

Where did you guys purchase your rear lights from, and do you have a part number? 

Thanks. 

• 10 months later...

Why nobody tried to reprogram with forscan?

If you go into BCM you can change the behaviour of "left rear stop & position lamp" and "right rear stop & position lamp" when you change this from "2-position and stop" into "1-stop only" the bulb is working as a brakelight only.

2023-08-1218_34_33-FORScanv2.3_55.thumb.png.8a012af43d68df10f45f7d427dcd731b.png

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ford Cortina/Capri said:

Hi, I've a new shape 2018 focus St line x. This car comes with standard bulb type rear lights, unlike the titanium x that has led rear lights as standard. 

I've just bought a full set of the led type from a titanium x but have a problem with the outer pair. The inner pair in the tailgate work fine with the led side light working. But, the outer pair, the led strip isn't coming on and it's using a bulb.side light instead.  The led brake light seems to work but is also coming on as a side light. Indicator works fine but that is a bulb anyway so the same. 

Has anyone done this conversion and does it need a wiring mod or a body control module reconfiguring

IMG_20190927_184918.jpg

I already have the led rear lights on my 2019/20, but the stop and indicator lights are ordinary bulbs/lamps. I attempted to remove the complete lamp unit to see how easy it would be to change the bulbs for led type. I undid the electrical connection and removed the two thumb type screws, but the pin at the forward end of the lamp unit would not release from the fastening in the car body. How did you actually get the pin to release from the car?

• 1 month later...

Where can you buy the LED rear lights for the ford focus? Do anyone know if it's the same for the estate?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club