Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Wheel Jack

TonyK

I have bought a s-hand 09 Ford Fiesta which was supplied with the gunge filling tyre repair kit. I gave nmanaged to buy a new spare wheel and tyre on eBay but I need a Jack. I have been told that the jack for the 09 model is different from that for earlier models and will cost me £47 new from Ford, Can any other jacks, which might be second hand, from other models be used. TonyK

I have bought a s-hand 09 Ford Fiesta which was supplied with the gunge filling tyre repair kit. I gave nmanaged to buy a new spare wheel and tyre on ebay but I need a Jack. I have been told that the jack for the 09 model is different from that for earlier models and will cost me £47 new from Ford, Can any other jacks, which might be second hand, from other models be used. TonyK

Perhaps worth trying a scrap yard, I would guess that they are pretty generic for all fiestas so you could try a mk4/5 jack :)

Perhaps worth trying a scrap yard, I would guess that they are pretty generic for all fiestas so you could try a mk4/5 jack :)

Thanks for the fast response. I would have expected them to be generic but since the Ford dealer said they were specific to the 09 Fiesta I was a bit worried. I'll try a scrap yard and try it before buying. I'll post the result of my research for the benefit of others.

Wicked :) hope you find something in the end!

Wont be long before you have to add in steering wheel, seatbelts etc as extras :lol:

It will be an awful day when brakes become optional extras. laugh.gif

Hi TonyK - just wondering how you got on with your research into a jack for your Fiesta Mk7?

Found myself in a similar situation of a newish fiesta with no spare - lying ford salesman said their was a spare in the boot, turns out when I get the car home it's just the tyre repair kit! (Important life lesson here - never trust salesmen.) As he didn't put any reference to the spare in the documentation there's no proof he ever said it was there.

Ford have kindly offered me a solution - by a spare tyre kit for £190 - yeah right! Like you reckon I can get my hands on a wheel via eBay, but similarly concerned about what I've read about no other jacks fitting the mk7.

Hi TonyK - just wondering how you got on with your research into a jack for your Fiesta Mk7?

Found myself in a similar situation of a newish fiesta with no spare - lying ford salesman said their was a spare in the boot, turns out when I get the car home it's just the tyre repair kit! (Important life lesson here - never trust salesmen.) As he didn't put any reference to the spare in the documentation there's no proof he ever said it was there.

Ford have kindly offered me a solution - by a spare tyre kit for £190 - yeah right! Like you reckon I can get my hands on a wheel via ebay, but similarly concerned about what I've read about no other jacks fitting the mk7.

My researches are continuing but I have found a temporary solution. p138 of the manual shows indentations in the sills which are not present on my car. A further picture shows a panel being removed on cars with side skirts - again not relevant for my car. It appears from the illustration on p139 that I need a jack with a U section, on the part which is connected to the car, which will go over the seam of the sill. A neighbour showed me the jack of an 05 Fiesta which appeared to do just that but I did not try it. He did however give me a jack which, since the part number on it is GM****, presumably came from from a Vauxhall. The U section on this jack had some metal in the middle which was presumably intended to fit into an indentation in the sill to locate it. I removed the metal and have now successfully jacked up the car. The jack is lightly bigger than the Fiesta jack which he showed me, so it does not fit neatly into the spare wheel when it is in the boot. I will eventaually get a Fiesta jack from an earlier model but the Vauxhall one will do for now.

You can get a 1.5 t Scissor jack from Halfords they where around £20 before Xmas. Make sure you get the one with the slot for the sill seam so that you can use it just like the Ford jack, which incedently is terribly flimsy looking and I wondered if it could hold itself up let alone a 1 t car.

Isn't a jack a jack? I bought tyre and jack off eBay, and haven't yet used either, having said that, I never have in 4 cars, the only time I needed one, was before I got one on this one!!

Ford have kindly offered me a solution - by a spare tyre kit for £190

That is nuts considering the optional extra when buying the car is £30, in fact my dealer threw it in for free.

I split a tyre in Roydon a few months back and went to Halfords for a jack, they do a lightweight 2T trolleyjack that is perfect and goes in the boot without hoggin too much space. Think i only paid about £30 for it.

Trolleyjacks are easier than winding as you only need to pump it, and it makes taking off your alloys to clean them half the job! :D

• 3 years later...

You can get a 1.5 t Scissor jack from halfords they where around £20 before Xmas. Make sure you get the one with the slot for the sill seam so that you can use it just like the Ford jack, which incedently is terribly flimsy looking and I wondered if it could hold itself up let alone a 1 t car.

I have a 2010 fiesta and I will not use the jack that came with the car as it does not seem safe. The one time I used it it kept moving and I was worried the thing would fall over and the car end up off the jack without a wheel. I am going to get either a scissor or bottle jack

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club