bryera

contemplating a 14/15 plate transit

Contemplating a 14/15 Ford Transit custom I think they are called. I plan to make it into a camper can not afford the m sport one I would like it but just not got them money to. I will be selling my BMW f31 3 series to get this Then work on it bit by bit and wanted to know if anyone else has done this so I can get some ideas. I plan on making it a typical camper, bed speak, tv, lights all that stuff any help would be appreciated as this will be a new thing  to me👍

I'm working on doing the same. If you have a google, there are a few generall forums about and there are some Facebook pages to look at, like 'Ford Custom Transit Camper Conversion Owners' and you might find some help here too 'COG - Ford Transit Custom Owners Group'

Id start with a list of priorities, and a budget, and then work out what the big ticket items are going to be, and where you will be able to save cash. 

There are some really good guides on how to maximise the insulation in a van build, that id advise reading up on, before you go too far, and also consider wiring up for lights, power etc.. and thinking about laying in some extra wires for later additions,  before doing anything else, even without finishing those items, so that insulation and ply lining can go in and not need to be disturbed later on. You can coil the excess and keep it out of the way until needed. 

Make some simple plans to help keep track of where those things need to run from and to, before making other big decisions like skylight cut outs or similar.

Andy