Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Seatbelt stalk/buckle replacement

benjamindylx

Hi all, first post - apologies if this is in the wrong place. I’ve currently got a Ford Fiesta Style 1.25 3dr. I purchased earlier this month, as I have my test coming up soon. The driver seatbelt buckle needed replacing, so I bought one off of eBay fairly cheap. The issue I’m having is I don’t particularly know how to replace it. I rang my local garages and he said that the airbag may need taking out, or something along those lines to replace it. Can anyone help clarify and what’s my best course of action right now? Thanks. 😊

Your garage was nearly talking sense.

The seatbelt buckle has a pre-tensioner that triggers with the airbags so an eletrical surge could fire them off.

The battery needs to be disconnected and any residual charge allowed to clear from the car.

The airbags don't need to come out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If i remember correctly it was a T50 bolt and the whole unit came out (seat belt socket and tensioner), same as my Focus.

My Fiesta was a MK6. Unplug the connector under the seat, remove the specific cable leading to the tensioner and its out.

Take photo's of the connector before you remove the plug then you know where to put it back!

May need to remove a bit of plastic trim to allow it.

When i did mine i took the whole seat out as it gave me enough visibility to see but may be able to do it in position. The seat was just 4 x T50 or similar from memory.

But yes disconnect battery and wait 20 min or so is usually what is advised.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club