PipT21

Central locking on S Max

I've got a 13 plate S Max that today has started being funny with the central locking, does anyone know what might be causing this? 

I've noticed on some threads that you can reset it by putting that key in the ignition...mine is a button start.

I've also noticed that one of the wing mirrors isn't folding in when I lock it too 

I only purchased the car in June so still learning about it..please help

Need more info please.

What's the central locking doing?

Do you have the button inside the car to fold the mirrors when you press it, if so do both fold in?

Thanks for your response

I press the button once and it seems to be opening 1 door and then I have to press it again for it to open the rest car ...this has only started today.

Yes I have a button inside to reset the wing mirror it again is intermittent sometimes the wing mirror opens when I press the central locking button sometimes it doesn't sometimes I have to press the button inside up to 3 times🤷

Have a look here about the locking https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39393-changing-unlock-so-it-opens-all-doors-on-a-single-press/

Don't know about the mirror, could be sticking. Does the motor make a noise when you lock/unlock? The only time one of my mirrors didn't open was when it was iced over.

Thank you so much that has worked first time!! 

Yes it makes the noise but doesn't move ...I'll leave it for now 

Thanks again I really appreciate your help

3 hours ago, PipT21 said:

Thank you so much that has worked first time!! 

Yes it makes the noise but doesn't move ...I'll leave it for now 

Thanks again I really appreciate your help

If its making a noise and not moving the only answer is replacement, its simple to do once youve worked out how rto remove the door card, often hidden screws in the handle.