Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 1.1 upgrade

liampatrick

Hey,

I have just ordered a D1BT module from eBay to replace the AM5T module on my 2014 Fiesta, and therefore upgrade from SYNC 1.0 to 1.1. I shall be following the fantastic guide by @lwatson99 but just had a few questions to ask you all...

1. Why is there already a 'SYNCApplications' option in the SYNC menu on my Fiesta (even though it just says 'No SYNC applications installed' when selected)?
  2. What new features should I expect if/when this upgrade is successful? I would have thought: track info through bluetooth streaming; AppLink functionality; Siri functionality through voice control button (?)
  3. How do I find the latest version of the software to download for 1.1 online? I presume to update this, I will save to a USB drive and use the 'Install on SYNC' option? 
  4. Should I be concerned about the fact that my VIN will no longer match to my original SYNC version. At the moment if I type my VIN in on the Ford website it tells me my software (1.0) is up to date, however in the future this information won't accurate. I have an extended Ford warranty, so thought I'd just check for advice on this re: servicing etc.

Think that's all for now...any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Liam

There are only a few apps that work with the old sync applink. Spotify used to work couple of years ago but it doesn't work anymore. How it used to work is that when your phone is connected via bluetooth to your car and you press the sync apps button it searches through phones apps and checks if you have any apps installed that support the sync 1.1.

Btw, after I updated my audio firmware everything had worked flawlessly. Before that my sync/Bluetooth got stuck occasionally and I had to reset the sync by disconnecting it's fuse from fusebox for a while. Now this problem is gone after firmware update.

Basically I'm not sure if it's much use to install the newer one. In my car I just use the bluetooth for music and YouTube etc. The song and performer names work correctly. So if they're not supported in SYNC 1.0 then it's a good thing to install the 1.1.

And no you cannot use any cellphone voice assistant through sync 1.1. It doesn't support android auto or apple car play.

• 2 weeks later...

So it’s all fitted now, works fine with the music info through bluetooth, and AppLink etc. However, I can no longer receive text messages - it says unsupported on my device. I’m currently on software version 5.8, may it work again if I update?

16 hours ago, liampatrick said:

So it’s all fitted now, works fine with the music info through Bluetooth, and AppLink etc. However, I can no longer receive text messages - it says unsupported on my device. I’m currently on software version 5.8, may it work again if I update?

Okay this was actually human error, I hadn’t allowed notifications through bluetooth on my phone again...

• 2 months later...

Did your bluetooth sound quality improve? I'm still at Sync 1.0 but the sound quality and volume over bluetooth as noticably lower compared to playing the same (256kbps) mp3 from USB. Just considering if it's worth to upgrade to 1.1. The Applink thing I'm not really interested in at the moment.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club